Managing diabetes-PICOT Statement. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Review the Topic Materials and the work completed in NRS-433V to formulate a PICOT statement for your capstone project.
A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular clinical area and identifies clinical problems or issues that arise from clinical care. The intervention should be an independent, specified nursing change intervention. The intervention cannot require a provider prescription. Include a comparison to a patient population not currently receiving the intervention, and specify the timeframe needed to implement the change process.
Formulate a PICOT statement using the PICOT format provided in the assigned readings. The PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project.
In a paper of 500-750 words, clearly identify the clinical problem and how it can result in a positive patient outcome.
Make sure to address the following on the PICOT statement:
Health Care Agency
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Cente
Author: Name: Purity Kibe
Institution: Grand Canyon University
How can adults keep their blood sugar level within the range recommended by their doctors? Previously, adults were told to rely on medications to maintain their blood sugar level, but these days, a lot of other things like walking and proper diet are recommended to them. Those who depend more on natural ways (walking, healthy diets, and others) to keep their blood sugar level within the range than traditional methods (medications) can be assured of satisfactory results within fifteen to twenty days (Vestergaard, 2011).
Various people with diabetes are labeled noncompliant, face severe problems because of poor disease control, and are likely to experience multiple hospital admissions throughout their lives. All these issues are the result of no health literacy (Booles, 2014). It is essential for doctors and nurses to educate patients through multiple mediums regarding the significance of health, value of life, and how to manage the disease.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Registered Nursing. How the candidate believes he or she can make a difference as a register. . .Description: Everyone knows that nursing is one of those fields that are concerned with helping the sick, yet I feel that becoming a registered nurse is not all about assisting the patients....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Health Promotion among Diverse Population: African AmericansDescription: African Americans comprise of about 12.9 percent of the total population in the United States (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2014). This is the second largest minority group after the Latinos....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Discussion 3. Leadership Assignment. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Power is the potential of an individual or group to change the lives or habits of other people. Authority is one’s power given to him based on his skills and capabilities, and influence is all about bringing positive or negative changes in the society or a healthcare system....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |