Managed Care: Health Care Accreditation (Essay Sample)
Watch the following video in preparation for this assignment:
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). (2010). Introduction.
Use what you learned from the video, the module’s required readings, and your own research to answer the following questions in your paper.
1. Discuss the purpose of accreditation. Has the process of accreditation really improved the quality of care being provided to patients?
2. Identify and discuss the process of accreditation for the chosen agency.
3. Discuss some of the standards they look for when they go onsite. Are the standards rigorous or vague?
4. Do these agencies make the results of their surveys public? How could knowing this information be beneficial to patients?
Length: Submit a 3-page paper.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric that is linked within the course. Review it before you begin working on the assignment.source..
In the United States, Health Care Accreditation is extremely important, reason being, it validates our health care system by guaranteeing that regulations and rules that control the way we care for our patients and service our facilities are followed.
Accreditation is an evaluation that is carried out externally and internally by healthcare organizations to assess the level of health care based on established standards (Epstein, 2002). Accreditation is an ongoing program that is utilized to enact change to advance the overall performance of a medical facility. Accreditation does not simply involve the setting of standards; it also contains a self-improvement program and counseling. It is crucial to have an accreditation program as it ensures that facilities are run in a safe manner, and patients are provided with the best care. Accreditation does not only cover the medical aspects of a facility; it further tackles safety issues outside of the medical care process (Landon, 2001). Accreditation is a versatile system that deals with all aspects of the healthcare system. Usually, clinics/facilities have teams that inspect particular areas within them; the inspectors carry checklists that give them specific area and items to look into.
The NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) Accreditation appraises the quality of major processes and system health plans provided to their members (Epstein, 2002). The standards are set to assist organizations in achieving the best performance, reducing patient risk, and creating an environment of constant improvement. NCQA appoints a team of trained healthcare experts to conduct a strict on-site survey of every plan considered for accreditation (Epstein, 2002). NCQA accreditation contains standards for u
- Economics Of Healthcare Discussion Assignment 6Description: Do you think new economic policies should be created to make our current and future healthcare system more competitive?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Communicable Disease Control: Tuberculosis Description: Communicable Disease Control: Tuberculosis Essay...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Summary Of The Diabetes Teaching Plan Research AssignmentDescription: This essay summarizes the teaching plan regarding diabetes, provides an epidemiological rationale, evaluates the teaching experience and provides a community response to the teaching....6 pages/≈1650 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |