Interview with a Director (Essay Sample)
Interview a person in a formal position of leadership within your organization (e.g., a supervisor, a manager, a director). Begin your interview with the following questions:
1.What is your role as a health care team member?
2.How do you define professionalism and how does professional responsibility influence your work?
3.Do you consider yourself a steward of health care? Why or Why not?
4. Is it important to you that leaders exercise professional advocacy and authenticity as well as power and influence when working with colleagues? Why or why not?
In 500-750 words, summarize your interview and share your impressions of the leader's responses.
Compare and contrast responses provided by your peer (in Professional Identity and Stewardship - Part I: Peer Interview assignment) with those provided by the leader. Share your impressions of their differences and similarities.
Interview with a director
In an interview with a medical director, the director pointed to the fact that; he recognizes his role as a healthcare team member. According to his response, his role as a healthcare team member includes collaborating with the rest of the members to ensure that there is delivery of quality healthcare service to patients. But this role as a team member is highly surpassed by the role to be played as an individual. This is because; one must perform their role before consideration of delivery of the teamwork. This director in the medical department defines his professionalism as one oriented towards being patient focused. In this kind of definition of professionalism, the focus is on the patients rather than general observation of the rules. Renedo & Marston (2015) maintain that; every task carried out in the professional duty should be pointed to the satisfaction of the patients' needs. Professional responsibility influences his work such that he delivers quality service. This is due to...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to professionalism essays:
- Interviewing a NutritionistDescription: I was able to secure an interview with a nutritionist named Ann Morgan who answered me all the questions I asked her...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Compensation Strategy of the OrganizationDescription: Determine how innovations in employee benefits can improve the overall competitive compensations strategy of the organization...8 pages/≈2200 words | 8 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Survey of World Music-JazzDescription: In music styles the artist does it all, she is an all rounded individual displaying acumen in boogie woogie evident on the piano as well as soulful jazz and blues manifest on the saxophone...5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Other (Not Listed) |