4 Homework Assignment 3 About The Skinny On Obesity (Essay Sample)
Read the following:
Kessler text: Chapters 7 through 13 Module Notes: This is Your Brain on Food
Watch the following videos/video clips:
• The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 4): Sugar - A Sweet Addiction https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=Xn1cI8FNU6M
• The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 3): Hunger and Hormones - A Vicious Cycle https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=Yo3TRbkIrow
Now, answer the following questions ensure to enumerate them:
1. Berridge hypothesized that "only a subset of the population has heightened incentive salience, and that rewarding foods trigger overeating primarily in that group. Define and explain the concept, "heightened incentive salience”
2. Explain the extent to which you agree or disagree with Berridge’s hypothesis.
3. Explain why you agree or disagree with it.
4. To what extent do you agree with the idea that people act/react/behave according to their own "action schemata” with regard to food?
5. To what extent do you agree with the idea that habits are "by their very nature difficult to break” (Kessler, 2009, p. 63), especially with regard to eating habits?
According to the hypothesis that was brought forward by Berridge, there is a specific population that is affected by Incentive Salience. In theory, the incentive salience refers to the desire that some people develop where they get cues activated with a prediction of reward. Ideally, it is not something that one is born with but rather a learned aspect (Kessler text: Chapters 7 through 13, n.d.). This is to mean that, people learn to like certain foods although this is largely
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Homework: Differences Between Homeostasis Set Point TheoryDescription: Define and explain all three of the following concepts: homeostasis, "set point theory,” and settling point theory....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 4 Homework 2 Part 1: Overweight The PopulationDescription: What are the various explanations for the dramatic increase in the rate of obesity beginning in the 1980s? Which explanation do you agree with the most, why?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Obesity 4 Homework 1: Health And Weight ManagementDescription: What difference does the distinction between obesity as a personal problem versus a social problem make in understanding the causes and consequences of problem...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |