Cardiac Rehabilitation Organizations Health Promotion in Action (Essay Sample)
Assignment 1: Health Promotion in Action (25 points)
Theories provide a foundation or framework for the understanding and application of complex concepts. Theories of health promotion provide an understanding of the motivation or self-efficacy of health care seeking behaviors for individuals, groups or populations. Health Promotion Models help healthcare professionals in conducting community needs assessments or developing and evaluating health promotion activities.
For this assignment, develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. Describe the differences between health education and health promotion.
2. Explore health promotion referral organizations available if the community; for example, weight watcher, YMCA, AA, Silver Sneakers, cardiac rehabilitation, Diabetes support groups.
3. Conduct a literature review and find evidence of the application of your selected health promotion organizations.
4. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
5. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
6. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
8. Include a minimum of 3 professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
9. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
10. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
11. Submit to Assignments in Canvas by the posted due date.
Health Promotion in Action
Health Promotion in Action
Educating people on how to manage their health has led to improved health outcomes as well as reduced health costs due to proper health management (Kumar & Preetha, 2012). Various governmental and non-governmental institutions are creating systemic strategies in a bid to improve people’s attitudes, knowledge, behavior, and skills on health. Such strategies are aimed at promoting healthy behaviors among the society members. Promoting health has been found to positively influence people’s health behavior by helping them improve their diets as well as working and living conditions (Gillon, 1987). Hence, health promotion can be said to be the behavioral social science that utilizes various concepts from environmental, biological, medical, physical, and psychological sciences to improve the health of community members by helping prevent diseases, disabilities, and premature deaths through education. More often, people use the terms health promotion and health education interchangeably (Gillon, 1987). Nevertheless, there is a clear distinction between these two terms. Health promotion refers to the entire process of enabling a person to take care of their health by providing them with relevant information to help them make better choices. On the other hand, health education is one of the tools used to promote health. This means that health promotion entails several things such as education and advertisement of good health behaviors, among other things. The current study examines various health promotion organizations, providing evidence of how such organizations have managed to improve the health of society.
Health Promotion Organizations
Cardiac Rehabilitation Organizations
Bordoni and Tessler (2019) indicate that cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are a major cause of death worldwide. They suggest that cardiac rehabilitation has played a crucial role in reducing the number of deaths related to CVDs by educating people on the best practices as far as prevention and management of heart diseases are concerned (Bordoni & Tessler, 2019). Some of the CVDs include heart failure, heart attack, ischemic heart disease, and myocardial infarctions, among others. Consequently, several cardiac rehabilitation organizations have been set up to promote cardiac health among people in the society (Bordoni & Tessler, 2019). One of the examples is the American Heart Association (AHA), established about 100 years ago. The primary objective of the organization is to reduce the number of deaths resulting from heart diseases and stroke (AHA, 2014). It does this through education, training, creating healthy environment laws, and the promotion of healthy behaviors, such as highlighting dangers of smoking and exposure to secondhand smoking through social and mass media. Subsequently, the number of deaths due to heart diseases has reduced significantly in the past 50 years. In the 1950s, 356 in every 100,000 Americans succumb
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to heart of darkness:
- Hospital Memorandum on Heart TransplantDescription: the decision takes into account the cause of the patient’s heart failure and the possibility of relapse. The probable lifespan of the recipient following the transport is also taken care off....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Other (Not Listed) |
- Reflective Adventure And Mariner Who Travels Along River CongoDescription: Heart of Darkness is a play which bases on Marlow, a reflective adventure and mariner who travels along river Congo to meet with Kurtz who is perceived to be a hopeful person with extraordinary ability...5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Case Study: Mrs. J. Health History and Medical InformationDescription: Based on this information, formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation, and complete the Critical Thinking Essay assignment, as instructed below....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |