Health Organization Evaluation: United Healthcare (Essay Sample)
Research a health care organization or network that spans several states with in the United States (United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you chose in regard to meeting the health care needs of citizens in the next decade.
Prepare a 1,000-1,250 word paper that presents your assessment and proposes a strategic plan to ensure readiness. Include the following:
1. Describe the health care organization or network.
2. Describe the organization's overall readiness based on your findings.
3. Prepare a strategic plan to address issues pertaining to network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction.
4. Identify any current or potential issues within the organizational culture and discuss how these issues may affect aspects of the strategic plan.
5. Propose a theory or model that could be used to support implementation of the strategic plan for this organization. Explain why this theory or model is best.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Health Organization Evaluation
Health Organization Evaluation: United Healthcare
The United Healthcare group helps individuals in the United States to receive the best care possible as they provide quality services at affordable prices. This group provides people with the basic information required to make informed decisions about their wellbeing in terms of healthcare because some of the final implementations have long term consequences. United Healthcare has gained the best position among all the health organizations and it is embracing trust by offering appropriate health care in the United States and Worldwide (United Healthcare, 2019). This group plays an important role in modernizing all the healthcare systems to make them better through the innovation of technology using the available resources and skilled capabilities. The healthcare provided by this group is made to serve different groups of people including; individuals, small and growing business units, large national and international firms. United Healthcare address various needs in the health care system of the United States including caring for the next decades by involving a strategic plan made to enhance organizational growth of the group.
The enterprise becomes much stronger knowing that the well-being of the future generations is dependent on their services. The group has adapted to the current changes and implementations in the health care to meet the market demands in the department. The group has a major challenge of coping with modern methods implemented in the healthcare system to keep in phase with the innovations implemented. Finding practical and appropriate ways to gain financial stability has been the main objective of the group all in an attempt to provide quality and affordable health services for all Americans. Some of the solutions implemented include simple and personal healthcare experiences to strengthen the relationship between patients and doctors. The organization has also fostered the use of modern technology to minimize the cost used in healthcare. The main objective of the efforts made by this group is to provide efficient healthcare services without complications for the next decades.
United Healthcare has come up with strategies to promote the satisfaction rates of patients served under the system. The introduction of common standards in administration ensures that technology brings the entire health sector together and also help clients in decision making by the use of information available on electronic devices. The quality of healthcare provided is improved by administering the right medication at low prices, making availability affordable for everyone without constraints. The implementation of transparency and accountability in the performance of all sectors in the care services to improve efficiency will help all patients to acquire the deserved treatment. Engagement of personalized motivations like financial incentives will help in the provision of better consumer services in the organization leading to the satisfaction of all patients. Both patients and physicians will receive incentives to enhance their education made to improve management in the health care sector by the use of technology to enha
- Family-Focused Functional AssessmentDescription: Family health assessment is a critical technique of examining a family, and it can help in determining where the members of the family should focus on improving the overall health of the family....3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Why is the Concept of Family Health Important?Description: The concept of family health is central to the achievement of the overall goals of health promotion. Moreover, the strategies of health promotion such as creating supportive environments, and equipping individuals with personal skills...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Information Technology Systems in Healthcare OrganizationsDescription: Cost is one of the reasons why some of the health organizations find the implementation of EMR challenging. The initial price is high, and most of the physicians' lack of business skills and are reluctant to provide cash to implement such a project....5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |