NR302 Health History Guidelines. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Please write the person as x. also use and cite atleast one source for the essay. also there are few questions regarding the environment and all, write apprpriate to the essay like quiet and calm environment under daylight without disturbance xyz.
RUA: Health History Guidelines
NR302 Health History Guidelines V3.docx Revised: 04/2019 11
Purpose Before any nursing plan of care or intervention can be implemented or evaluated, the nurse assesses the individual through the collection of both subjective and objective data. The data collected are used to determine areas of need or problems to be addressed by the nursing care plan. This assignment will focus on collecting subjective assessment data, synthesizing the data, and on identifying health/wellness priorities based on the findings. The purpose of the assignment is two-fold: • To recognize the interrelationships of subjective data (physiological, psychosocial, cultural/spiritual, and developmental) affecting health and wellness. • To reflect on the interactive process between self and client when conducting a health assessment. Course Outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes: CO1. Explain expected client behaviors while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO1) CO2. Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to integrate clinical judgment in professional decision-making and implementation of nursing process while obtaining a physical assessment. (PO 4, 8) CO3. Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning. (PO 1) CO4. Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO 3) CO6. Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (PO 2, 3) CO7. Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO 6, 7) Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment. Total points possible: 100 points Preparing the assignment The Health History Worksheet can be used to help you organize the Family Medical History information you will obtain from the Adult Participant (document link is on the Assignment page). The use of this tool is optional. There are three parts to this assignment. 1. Health History Assessment (50 points/50%) Using the following components of a health history assessment and your textbook for explicit details about each category, complete a health assessment/history on an individual of your choice. The person interviewed must be 18 years of age or older and should NOT be a family member or close friend. The purpose of this restriction is to avoid any tendency to anticipate answers or to influence how the questions are answered. Your goal in choosing an interviewee is to simulate the interaction between you and an individual for whom you would provide care. It is important that you inform the person of your assignment and assure him/her that the information obtained will be kept confidential. Please be sure to avoid the use of any identifiers in preparing the assignment. Health History components to be included:
a) Demographics b) Perception of Health c) Past Medical History d) Family Medical History
NR302 Health Assessment I RUA: Health History Guidelines
NR302 Health History Guidelines V3.docx Revised: 04/2019 21
e) Review of Systems f) Developmental Considerations g) Cultural Considerations h) Psychosocial Considerations i) Collaborative Resources
2. Reflection (40 points/40%) Reflection is used to intentionally examine our thought processes, actions, and behaviors in order to evaluate outcomes. Provide a written reflection that describes your experience with conducting this Health History. a) Reflect on your interaction with the interviewee holistically. I. Consider the interaction in its entirety: include the environment, your approach to the individual, time of day, and other features relevant to therapeutic communication and to the interview process (if needed, refer to your text for a description of therapeutic communication and of the interview process). b) How did your interaction compare to what you have learned? c) What went well? d) What barriers to communication did you experience? I. How did you overcome them? II. What will you do to overcome them in the future? e) Were there unanticipated challenges to the interview? f) Was there information you wished you had obtained? g) How will you alter your approach next time?
3. Style and Organization (10 Points/10%) Your writing should reflect your synthesis of ideas based on prior knowledge, newly acquired information, and appropriate writing skills. Scoring of your work in written communication is based on proper use of grammar, spelling and how clearly you express your thoughts and reasoning in your writing. • Grammar and mechanics are free of errors. • Able to verbalize thoughts and reasoning clearly • Use appropriate resources and ideas to support topic
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the Citation and Writing Assistance: Writing Papers at CU page in the online library
Health Assessment 1
All nursing strategies of primary care and intervention are always assessed via the accumulation of both subjective and objective data before their evaluation and implementation. The forms of data collected in the process are then used to create and determine areas or situations that require attention and addressed by the proposed care plan. There are numerous kinds of subjective data, including physiological, psychosocial, and cultural and developmental, that ought to be discussed in the process of advancing a nursing care strategy. This paper seeks to present a report on the collection of subjective data through an interview and questionnaire administration on an individual X, the ultimate synthesis of the data, and the application of the health care intervention based on the findings.
- EHR and MPI Comparison. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: I would like to introduce you to the EHR and MPI systems. I know you are new to our hospital (ABC) Family Practice, and as an office manager, it is my responsibility to explain the basics of these two systems....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 577-a-9. Pregnancy Case Study. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: For this task, read the following case studies below. Then, using the case information and best evidence, complete the chart below. Make sure to address all columns in the chart....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Infectious Disease Case Study. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Prevention of infectious diseases is one of the essential tasks mandated to public health sectors in all countries. Contagious diseases are deceptive, and some only get detected after they have spread and affected people and animals....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |