3 pages/≈825 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Health for the Future (Essay Sample)
The National Center for Health Statistics has established the Healthy People 2010 for tracking the nation's health. Locate the 28 focus areas discussed in Healthy People 2010. Write a 750-1,000-word paper identifying the top 10 areas that you would consider the most important to address if budgetary restraints limited the study. 1. What are the areas? 2. Why did you choose these areas? 3. How would you develop a program and present it to an individual and a community? 4. Discuss the impact of failure to achieve the goals of the chosen focus areas. source..
Health For The People
â€˜Healthy People` is a national program which aims to provide health based services and facilities within the time frame of 10 years after which the program revises its aims and objectives. It has been introduced in association with The National Centre for Health Statistics. It is basically a prevention agenda for the people of United States of America. The mission of the prevention program is to eradicate the health disparities and increase the quality of health care facilities in addition to increasing their accessibility CITATION AHe10 \l 1033 (A Healthy People 2010 Companion Document for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2010). The top most priorities of the health program include CITATION Hea131 \l 1033 (Healthy People, 2013):
* There are certain areas which are in need of serious health improvements. The job of Healthy People is to identify these areas and make the required improvements.
* Increasing awareness among the masses in order to education them about different diseases, preventions, health issues and disability problems.
* Making goals and objectives for the national health development. These should be applicable at the local, regional and national level.
* Healthy People call for the active involvement of different economic sectors so that the desired goals could be achieved more effectively and efficiently.
* Healthcare development needs sufficient research, data analysis and storage. Healthy People is responsible to carry out all such activities.
In addition to this the Healthy People 2010 has the following 28 focus areas CITATION Hea131 \l 1033 (Healthy People, 2013):
1 Access to Quality Health Services
2 Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Chronic Back Conditions
4 Chronic Kidney Disease
6 Disability and Secondary Conditions
7 Educational and Community-Based Programs
8 Environmental Health
9 Family Planning
10 Food Safety
Heart Disease and Stroke
Immunizations and Infectious Diseases
Injury and Violence Prevention
Maternal, Infant, and Child Health
Medical Product Safety
Mental Health and Mental Disorders
Nutrition and Overweight
Occupational Safety and Health
Physical Activity and Fitness
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Cultural CompetencyDescription: Cultural Competency Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Communicable Disease Control: Tuberculosis Description: Communicable Disease Control: Tuberculosis Essay...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The effects of climate change on the health of Australian outdoor workersDescription: The effects of climate change on the health of Australian outdoor workers...4 pages/≈1100 words | 10 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |