Health and Medicine: Pain (Essay Sample)
Short answer: need 2 paragraphs
Mr. Terry, a 24-year-old, arrives in the emergency department after falling approximately 15 feet while rock climbing. His right forearm is deformed, edematous, and he has tingling in his fingers and a loss of function in the extremity. He reports pain rated as an 8 on the 0 to 10 scale (0 = no pain, 10 = worst possible pain). Describe the type of pain he is experiencing and identify how this pain is transmitted and evaluated by the individual.
1. Please include your APA source.
2. Needs about 3 references from the Understanding Pathophysiology book, fifth edition, Sue E. Huether Kathryn L. McCance. The Chaper 13 pain, temperature, sleep, and sensory function.
Health and Medicine
Name of the Institution
Pain is often transitional status existing till the causative agent is withdrawn or controlled. Its duration vary and would have varied degree of impact on the body part involved (Breivik, 2007). According to the case, Mr. Terry fell from 15 feet rock while rock climbing. The impact of the fall destroyed tissues in the right forearm. The destruction of these tissues caused the retention of muscular fluid making them inflammatory; this led to the arm being edematous. The impact also destroyed nerve fibers in the right arm which contributed to the tingling in the right forearm. When measured on a scale of 0 to 10, the net impact of the fall was rated as 8 out of 10; this meant that the pain was severe and would have lethal effects on t...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to things fall apart:
- Technology and EngineeringDescription: The field of technology and engineering and technology is diversified in many ways, hence from this reading...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Writing Prompt OneDescription: What do you think of this idea? Do you agree or disagree? What does this quote reveal about Om Malik's view of the world?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Evidence-based Nursing PracticeDescription: In the health care provision there are clinical problems that fall under the nursing jurisdiction. One of the clinical problems that fall under the nursing control is the pressure ulcers....4 pages/≈1100 words | 7 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |