Grand Nursing Theory (Essay Sample)
Grand Theorist: Dorothea E. Orem :The Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory
Background of the Theorist,Philosophical Underpinnings of the Theory and Testability.
The writer can use more sources it has to be credible and current no more than five years old.
The group will create a report for a practice committee at a health care institution. The objective is to convince your peers of the value of using a specific theory to guide practice and evaluate care.
Grand Nursing Theory
Dorothea Elizabeth Orem was born in the year 1914 in Baltimore, Maryland and died in the year 2007. During her prime years she became known as one of the leading nursing theorists in America, after she developed the Self Care Nursing Theory (Wayne, 2014). Earning her diploma in the 1930s from the Providence Hospital School of Nursing in Washington in D.C. she cleared her Bachelor of Science in Nursing in the year 1939 and then her Masters of Science in nursing later in 1945at the Catholic University of America in Washington D.C. she first helped publish works related to Guidelines for Developing Curricula for the Education of Practical Nurses in the year 1959 (Wayne, 2014). She later published the Nursing: Concepts of Practice outlining the elements of her theory. Between the 70s and the 80s she published many papers and attended many conferences on nursing. By 2001, she had published her 6th edition of her book. She honored severally during her career among them awards from the National League for Nursing and Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society (Wayne, 2014).
The philosophy behind the theory and one that forms the foundation for use in practice is that, patients have the intrinsic need to take care of themselves. This means that most patients would want to take care of their health care needs on their own (Wayne, 2014). People will always be drawn to taking initiative to care for themselves to maintain life processes and partake of activities that help them to maintain quality health care at all time. Activities such as healthy foods, taking water and breathing in clean air are some of the basics.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to george washington:
- Current EventsDescription: The current political upheavals and instability in Yemen has been ongoing since 2011 when Ali Abdullah Saleh was forcefully removed from power...4 pages/≈1100 words | 15 Sources | Turabian | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- 1902 Coal Strike in PennsylvaniaDescription: The president intervened because he feared for a coal famine. During this period, the commerce and industry sector largely depended on coal to power domestic heating...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Essay |
- George SaundersDescription: George Saunders is a renowned science fiction writer. Saunders’ Pastoralia includes dark humor and humanistic narratives regarding peculiar minutian...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |