Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement (Essay Sample)
Assignment: Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement
Note: This Assignment is due on Day 5 of Week 11.
If you talk about a possible poor health outcome, do you believe that outcome will occur? Do you believe eye contact and personal contact should be avoided?
You would have a difficult time practicing as a nurse if you believed these to be true. But they are very real beliefs in some cultures.
Differences in cultural beliefs, subcultures, religion, ethnic customs, dietary customs, language, and a host of other factors contribute to the complex environment that surrounds global healthcare issues. Failure to understand and account for these differences can create a gulf between practitioners and the public they serve.
In this Assignment, you will examine a global health issue and consider the approach to this issue by the United States and by one other country.
Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
Select at least one additional country to compare to the U.S. for this Assignment.
Reflect on how the global health issue you selected is approached in the U.S. and in the additional country you selected.
Review and download the Global Health Comparison Matrix provided in the Resources.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Global Health Comparison Matrix; 1-page Plan for Social Change)
Part 1: Global Health Comparison Matrix
Focusing on the country you selected and the U.S., complete the Global Health Comparison Matrix. Be sure to address the following:
Consider the U.S. national/federal health policies that have been adapted for the global health issue you selected from the WHO global health agenda. Compare these policies to the additional country you selected for study.
Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each policy.
Explain how the social determinants of health may impact the global health issue you selected. Be specific and provide examples.
Using the WHO’s Organization’s global health agenda as well as the results of your own research, analyze how each country’s government addresses cost, quality, and access to the global health issue selected.
Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the health of the global population. Be specific and provide examples.
Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the role of the nurse in each country.
Explain how global health issues impact local healthcare organizations and policies in both countries. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 2: A Plan for Social Change
Reflect on the global health policy comparison and analysis you conducted in Part 1 of the Assignment and the impact that global health issues may have on the world, the U.S., your community, as well as your practice as a nurse leader.
In a 1-page response, create a plan for social change that incorporates a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
Explain how you would advocate for the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens might impact your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice as a nurse leader represents and contributes to social change. Be specific and provide examples
Global Health Comparison Grid Template
Use this document to complete the Module 6 Assessment Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement
Global Healthcare Issue
Health Care InequalityDescription
The World Health Organization recognizes that 2020 was a devastating year for global health. Covid-19 has caused numerous deaths around the globe and exposed inadequacies of health systems in the process. The pandemic has drawn attention to widening disparities that continue to persist in the world. The gap between the haves and have nots has been growing. The pandemic's economic crash means it will develop even further with the rising cost of healthcare. WHO is determined to advance health coverage and address broader determinants of health.
Describe the policy in each country related to the identified healthcare issue
To reduce healthcare disparities, the American Healthcare Association has come up with three central policies. First, it aims to increase awareness of racial and ethnic inequality present in healthcare to the general public.
The second policy addresses healthcare costs where it seeks to strengthen patient-provider relationships for public-funded health plans.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- The Role of the RN/APRN in Policy EvaluationDescription: Some nurses may be hesitant to get involved with policy evaluation. The preference may be to focus on the care and well-being of their patients; some nurses may feel ill-equipped to enter the realm of policy and political activities. However, as you have examined previously...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal Medicine Essay PaperDescription: Childhood obesity has become a critical health problem in the country and puts children and young people at risk of poor health. Additionally, the prevalence of obesity among young children is on the rise and affected children from two to nineteen years old. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Reviewing Literature Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: COVID-19 is a new infectious disease that emerged from Wuhan, China, in late 2019. The World Health Organization declared the outbreak a pandemic after its rapid spread throughout the globe. It is critical to note that the pandemic has infected millions of people worldwide...10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |