Future of Nursing Report and Nursing. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Review the IOM report, "The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health," and explore the "Campaign for Action: State Action Coalition" website. In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession.
Include the following:
1. Describe the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
2. Outline the four "Key Messages" that structure the IOM Report recommendations. Explain how these have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development. Provide examples.
3. Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions. Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
4. Research the initiatives on which your state's (California) action coalition is working. Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state's (California) action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
5. Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Subject and Section:
The IOM Report and Action Coalitions
The continuous innovation of the nursing sector is vital in the progression of our current health care system. In this paper, the importance, purpose, and effects of the IOM report and California action coalition to the nursing practice will be discussed.
The IOM report for the nursing profession is titled “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health”. This report provides details of the possible changes in the health care system, specifically the nursing profession, because of many factors such as the technological advancements, demands, population structure, etc. which encourage adaptation to fulfill the needs of the changing system and environment. Similarly, state-based action coalitions also encourage change and transformation in terms of the nursing community and the overall health care system. These influence the implementation of policies and programs that addresses various barriers present with the nursing practice, while maximizing the different opportunities and resources that are available, to boost the nursing profession in delivering quality care to its patients and clients (Welsh, et al. 2018).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- End of life and technology Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Perhaps the hardest decision for someone to make in life is to decide whether to let someone die or let it live forever paralyze with the help of technology. With the help of technology this day, many medical problems have been solved, while some others can be easily cured with the use of technology....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Signature assignment Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Patient Case – describe your patient as you would introduce them to your first check-in in the clinic. Include vitals, and smoking status. Include the ASA and hypertension stage. You may have to create some information that would logically fit with your patients such as medications, oral conditions, etc....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Benchmark - Curriculum Design and Program Evaluation Medicine EssayDescription: Health assessment and observation is a course that allows the student to assess the entire patient, which includes both the psychosocial and physiological aspects. In this course, the student learns basic assessment skills that entail cardiac, abdominal, respiratory musculoskeletal, and lymphatic...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |