The Future of Nursing. Importance of IOM report. Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
In a formal paper of 1,000-1,250 words you will discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health." Identify the importance of the IOM "Future of Nursing" report related to nursing practice, nursing education and nursing workforce development. What is the role of state-based action coalitions and how do they advance goals of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action?
Explore the Campaign for Action webpage (you may need to research your state's website independently if it is not active on this site): http://campaignforaction(dot)org/states
Review your state’s progress report by locating your state and clicking on one of the six progress icons for: education, leadership, practice, interpersonal collaboration, diversity, and data. You can also download a full progress report for your state by clicking on the box located at the bottom of the webpage.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words:
Discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report, "Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health."
Identify the importance of the IOM “Future of Nursing” report related to nursing practice, nursing education and nursing workforce development.
What is the role of state-based action coalitions and how do they advance goals of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action?
Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. In what ways do these initiatives advance the nursing profession? What barriers to advancement currently exist in your state? How can nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers?
A minimum of three scholarly references are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Future of Nursing
Future of Nursing
The Work of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Committee Initiative
The IOM and RWJF formed a partnership in an effort to strengthened nurses to ensure improved delivery of health-care services (Institute of Medicine (IOM), 2011). This partnership led to the formation of the RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing. This partnership was deemed important based on the commitment of RWJF to ensuring that the nursing practice has an effective workforce and IOM’s mission to improve the country’s health by acting as an advisor (IOM, 2011). The RWJF committee first developed a vision where all diverse population has access to a safe and quality healthcare system. The committee was tasked with examining the nursing workforce to establish whether they have the capacity to attend to the public, which has high health demand (IOM, 2011). Further, the committee assessed the health system innovative solutions, especially those regarding nursing education and delivery of services.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Current State Evaluation on EMR/HER and patient portalDescription: In a paper (750-1,000 words), select an environment (one you currently work in, have worked in previously, or wish to move into) and describe the challenges and opportunities associated with the implementation of: EMR/EHR and Patient Portal...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Health Data Reporting. Description of the Events. Nursing EssayDescription: Entailed in this paper are two events that require legal responsibility whereby health information should be provided to a state or federal public well-being organization....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Patient Teaching Plan Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: “I do not know why it had to be him. He was my everything! I hate Diabetes, I hate doctors that could not save him! I hate everything!” are some of the words that she said as she dashed out of the restaurant without paying her bills. She had just received a message that her husband was no more....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |