Evidenced based practice Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Select an article from a peer-reviewed nursing journal regarding an EBP process or implementation.
Write a summary of 750-1,000 words that includes the following criteria:
An introduction that explains the focus of the article.
A summary of key points of the article.
A list of the steps taken by nursing to develop and implement an EBP.
Application of the learned information to a practice setting where the student either identifies an EBP that has been applied to your setting or a practice problem that would benefit from the implementation of an EBP.
A clear and concise conclusion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
The article focuses on Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs and the manner in which they contribute to most of the urinary tract infections in hospitals. According to the article, an approximation of fifty percent of the individuals that have gone through the procedure involving the insertion of the catheter does not have a record showing that they agreed to the procedure. The main focus was carrying out research using the electronic health records to ensure that hospitals took into practice the use of evidence-based care. The QI project used demonstrated a decrease in the positive urine cultures, an improvement in the catheter usage such as the documentation of the evidence for its use on patients (Welden, 2013). It also focuses on explaining the benefits of using evidence-based criterion in the reduction of the use of catheters. In addition, it offers recommendations on the reduction of urinary tract infections by reducing the use of catheters.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Assignment: Ethical Concerns. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The patient in this scenario is a boy who has come for a physical examination before starting school. During the physical examination, I will check the child’s blood pressure and pulse so as to assess his vital organs. ...1 page/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The Future of Nursing. Importance of IOM report. Nursing EssayDescription: The IOM and RWJF formed a partnership in an effort to strengthened nurses to ensure improved delivery of health-care services (Institute of Medicine (IOM), 2011). This partnership led to the formation of the RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Current State Evaluation on EMR/HER and patient portalDescription: In a paper (750-1,000 words), select an environment (one you currently work in, have worked in previously, or wish to move into) and describe the challenges and opportunities associated with the implementation of: EMR/EHR and Patient Portal...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |