Evidence Based Practice Proposal. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Prepare your final evidence-based practice proposal for a project whose focus is the resolution of an issue or problem significant to improving patient care. (Patients are conceptualized as individuals, groups, families, or communities.) Make all necessary revisions and corrections to previous assignments completed in Topics 1- 4. Combine all elements into one cohesive evidence-based proposal.
Although recommendations will vary in length depending upon the problem or issue addressed, the paper must be between 4,500 and 5,000 words and formatted in APA style. The title page, abstract, appendixes, and references are not included in the word limit. The final paper should clearly describe the methods used to identify and retrieve the evidence as well as the rationale for exploring the clinical issue chosen. Clearly articulated recommendations for practice based on research evidence are essential to a successful paper.
Use section headings for each section component and address responses in narrative form. Sections of the final paper must include all of the components written to date (incorporating revisions), as well as the remaining sections. These sections include:
Appendices (if any)
Note that an Abstract and Appendix are not required in the individual assignments, but are expected to be added for the final version of the paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Evidence Based Practice Proposal
Name of Student
Contents TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u Introduction PAGEREF _Toc536392476 \h 4Problem PAGEREF _Toc536392477 \h 4Purpose PAGEREF _Toc536392478 \h 5Question PAGEREF _Toc536392479 \h 6Literature Review PAGEREF _Toc536392480 \h 7Introduction PAGEREF _Toc536392481 \h 7Analysis and Appraisal of Sources PAGEREF _Toc536392482 \h 7Study 1 PAGEREF _Toc536392483 \h 7Study 2 PAGEREF _Toc536392484 \h 8Study 3 PAGEREF _Toc536392485 \h 9Study 4 PAGEREF _Toc536392486 \h 10Study 5 PAGEREF _Toc536392487 \h 10Study 6 PAGEREF _Toc536392488 \h 11Study 7 PAGEREF _Toc536392489 \h 11Study 8 PAGEREF _Toc536392490 \h 12Study 9 PAGEREF _Toc536392491 \h 12Study 10 PAGEREF _Toc536392492 \h 13Proposed Solution PAGEREF _Toc536392493 \h 13The proposed solution to responding to chronic disease management PAGEREF _Toc536392494 \h 13The proposed Treatment of Childhood Obesity PAGEREF _Toc536392495 \h 14Implementation Plan PAGEREF _Toc536392496 \h 15Methods of obtaining approval from the organization’s leadership and fellow staff PAGEREF _Toc536392497 \h 15Description of current issue requiring a change PAGEREF _Toc536392498 \h 15A detailed explanation of the proposed solution PAGEREF _Toc536392499 \h 16The rationale for selecting this solution PAGEREF _Toc536392500 \h 17Description of implementation logistics PAGEREF _Toc536392501 \h 17Dissemination Plan PAGEREF _Toc536392502 \h 19Conclusion/Summary PAGEREF _Toc536392503 \h 21
Obesity remains one of the most serious health conditions in the 21st century. Childhood obesity is an emerging point of concern for various healthcare experts and parents. According to the statistical data from the Center for Disease Control (2018), every two out of ten school-going children, aging from 6 to 19, are obese. With the increase in global healthcare, the older population has also been on the rise globally. The increasing elderly population is exposed to the dangers of chronic diseases amid reduced quality of life and financial burden to the families and communities. Consequently, incidences and prevalence of chronic conditions have also been on the rise. Lack of appropriate and adequate intervention of both childhood obesity and chronic diseases among the aging population puts the health of the society at a more significant risk. Appropriate solution and intervention plans are necessary to avert the growing dangers of these conditions. Intervention plans including enrolling nurses and caregivers to APRN programs increase the quality of care delivery to patients. The proposal aims at providing intervention and implementation plan that seeks to transform the skills and approach used by medical professionals to manage and treat health issues prevalent in the aging population and the obese children.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Childhood Asthma. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Action plans to deal with childhood asthma need to be accompanied with asthma education and not merely symptom monitoring. Childhood asthma can be allergic or non-allergic asthma depending on whether allergens or nonspecific stimuli trigger them. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Opportunity Costs. The economic impact of obesity in the United StatesDescription: Obese individuals are often faced with various costs which may either be direct or indirect. Examples of indirect costs include; Losses in productivity caused by illnesses which come along with obesity, underperformance in education which brings about greater social costs and discrimination at job places....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Population Health (Childhood Obesity) Health, Medicine Research PaperDescription: Childhood obesity is increasingly becoming a major public health concern. The prevalence of childhood obesity in the US increased by almost 50% in the period between 1980 and 2013. The number of obese children in the world stood at over 40 million in 2017. The number is expected to hit 70 million by 2025...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |