ETHICS and MEDICATIONS. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
CNA's (Canadian Nursing Association) Code of Ethics, #9 and CNO's (College of Nurses of Ontario) Ethics- Ethical Framework, #10 needs to be incorporate with Medications-CNO Practice Standards. All three articles are attached. Please refer to assignment's instructions.
Nurses are bound by the professional expectations set out by the regulatory body for nurses. In the province of Ontario it is the College of Nurses. These expectations from the basis of nursing practice and are paramount to quality nursing care and service. Nurses are held accountable for their practice and are expected to adhere to the professional standards of practice to ensure public safety and that clients receive the best possible care. It is important for nurses to document patient care, to administer medications in a safe, competent and effective manner and to practice in an ethical manner.
The purpose of this module is to examine the professional expectations of the nurse for documentation, medication administration and ethical practice.
9. Discuss CNA's Code of Ethics for Nurses
10. Describe the importance of CNO's ethical Framework
Ethics and Medications
Ethics and Medications
The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) ethical standards are essential in illustrating the value of nurses concerning patient care (CNA, 2017). The code of ethics provides a framework for building good relationships and behaviours among the nurses and other medical staff as well as the patients. Also, the ethical code of conduct is essential in decision making in providing quality healthcare.
- Antibiotic resistant. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Antimicrobial resistance is a severe public health challenge that affects everyone, including pregnant mothers and their young ones (Bartle, 2018). Misuse and overuse of antibiotics on specific diseases is a subject of global concern....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Opioid Crisis at the University of Vermont Medical CenterDescription: The opioid problem in Burlington and surrounding areas began to manifest itself over the last few years, with more people brought to the University of Vermont Medical Centre. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Boston Bombings. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay. Description: From the Harvard YouTube video titled ‘The Boston Marathon Bombings: Lessons learned for saving lives,’ the dominant theme is resilience. Historically, terrorist attacks have proven to be a threat to public health. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |