Ethical Concerns in Nursing Research Assignment Paper (Essay Sample)
As an advanced practice nurse, you will run into situations where a patient’s wishes about his or her health conflict with evidence, your own experience, or a family’s wishes. This may create an ethical dilemma. What do you do when these situations occur?
In this Discussion, you will explore evidence-based practice guidelines and ethical considerations for specific scenarios.
•Select three scenarios, and reflect on the material presented throughout this course.
•What necessary information would need to be obtained about the patient through health assessments and diagnostic tests?
•Consider how you would respond as an advanced practice nurse. Review evidence-based practice guidelines and ethical considerations applicable to the scenarios you selected.
By Day 3
Post the explanation of the health assessment information required for a diagnosis of your selected patients (include the scenario numbers). Explain how you would respond to the scenario as an advanced practice nurse using evidence-based practice guidelines and applying ethical considerations. Justify your responses.
My 3 chosen scenarios are:
The parents of a 5-year-old boy have accompanied their son for his required physical examination before starting kindergarten. His parents are opposed to him receiving any vaccines.
A single mother has accompanied her two daughters, aged 15 and 13, to a women’s health clinic and has requested that the girls receive a pelvic examination and be put on birth control. The girls have consented to the exam but seem unsettled.
A 17-year-old boy has come in for a check-up after a head injury during a football game. He has indicated that he would like to be able to play in the next game, which is in 3 days.
Ethical Concerns in Nursing
Ethical Concerns in Nursing
In this case, the necessary health assessment details will i...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- What Is The Ethical Issue For Mary As The Lead Social WorkerDescription: What is the ethical issue for Mary as the lead social worker for the city’s program? Consider conflicting values and competing loyalties...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Case Study |
- Comments on the Questions: the training of the mental health professionalsDescription: This is a new class research there is questions 1-1 and 1-2 which is chapters one and two I need the questions answered in details...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Ethics in Coaching and Counseling Research AssignmentDescription: Describe how individual, organizational, or situational causes—or a combination of the three led to the situation, explain the ethical standard violated in case...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Psychology | Case Study |