Elder Abuse Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research (Essay Sample)
List and define the seven types of elder abuse that were identified by the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA): Physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, financial and material exploitation, neglect, abandonment, and self-neglect.
How would you approach the Ethical Dilemmas and Considerations that might arise regarding Euthanasia, Suicide, and Assisted Suicide?
Essay should be formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources no older than five years.
The seven types of elder abuse according to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA):
Physical abuse occurs when someone physically harms an elderly person for whatever reason or even restraining and confining them against their will due to their infirmity or weakness (Weissberger et al, 2019).
Sexual abuse of elders occurs when someone forces them to engage in sexual acts or watch them against their will
Emotional or psychological abuse
Emotional or psychological abuse occurs when someone undermines an elderly person’s feelings of self-esteem or independence through actions and verbal messages.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- The right of children to play Visual & Performing Arts Research PaperDescription: The international community acknowledges the importance of recreation and play in day to day life of a child. That is evident by the 1959 Declaration of the Rights of the Child, which states that every child should be allowed to recreate and play; hence public authorities and society...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Research Paper |
- Guidance and Discipline 08 Literature & Language EssayDescription: Children, age 3, has a cognitive milestone that allows them to play make-believe and assemble toys (Jersild, 1954). It means that children in that bracket of age should already be able to set apart characteristics and distinguish differences. At an early age, a child's judgment is developing towards...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Understanding a child’s developmental milestones Psychology EssayDescription: Developmental milestones for infants and young children include communication, which is important to know what messages to send to the children and how to improve their language communication. By six months a child ought to respond to sounds by where they also make sounds...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |