Elderly Abuse Essay. Health, Medicine, Nursing Assignment. (Essay Sample)
Another thing to watch for in the elderly, is that elder abuse can come in any form. It just doesn't come in physical or sexual abuse. A big problem with abuse in the elderly is financial abuse. Many have family members taking care of their finances, that they have no idea what is being taken or how they are being taken advantage of. It is a growing problem that every elderly individual who is living alone, or having someone else take care of his/or her's money needs to be aware of.
What ways could we look for elder abuse, even when there are no apparent outward signs?
Older people are vulnerable to financial abuse from their immediate family. It could be a spouse, sibling, or relative who takes advantage of the trust the older adult has on them. These individuals may feel that the older person's finances also belongs to them. So, it becomes important to watch out for the following telltale signs that indicate financial abuse is happening.
First, when the elderly person isn’t aware of their finances. A warning sign occurs when an elderly lose track of their finances.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- NURS 6660: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role I: Child and AdolescentDescription: There are various strategies to assess the patient for abuse. The foremost step is to do a physical examination. It involves symptoms or injuries of suspected neglect or abuse. Lab test and X-rays are significant to analyze the mistreatment....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Child Abuse Social Inequality Social Sciences CourseworkDescription: Social inequality, both on a micro and macro level, perpetuates child abuse. At the micro-level, various factors are responsible for the high cases of child abuse. Poverty is a significant factor that leads to the issue. This is a situation where families or individuals in the population lack sufficient...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Child Abuse let downs in the Generation Social Sciences EssayDescription: The world has long been dealing with child trafficking and abuse. Children are being used either to do the act or to be acted upon with a crime. One of the reasons for the engagement of children is that minors are brought under the custody of organizations for minors, rather than in jail...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Social Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |