Disaster planning Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Scenario: You are the PHN working at your local public health department in the nursing division. It is the middle of summer, and you have been receiving telephone calls asking about “the flu season” since the vaccine wasn’t accurate in predicting the strains of influenza that affected your community last year, and many people contracted the virus. Business and community leaders are concerned because they don’t want a repeat performance of last year. You have been asked to develop some solutions to community concerns. Select two of the following scenarios and respond to the questions that are posed in each. As you consider the scenarios you have selected, think about the following considerations as you develop your responses.
Which agencies are available to lead and assist in the disaster response?
What resources are available in your community?
How might resources be used most efficiently?
Are there any gaps that may pose a problem?
Identify potential strengths and weaknesses in the community
Scenario 1: Imagine that initial pandemic flu cases have been identified in your jurisdiction. Some people are home sick, and others are staying home fearful that they may become infected with the flu. What advice would you give to local business owners to prepare for this event? Name two actions that business owners can take to keep their businesses open.
Scenario 1, Part B. As incidents of influenza continue to rise, local business owners are worried about loss of revenue if several large planned conventions are forced to cancel due to the flu. What advice can you give these business owners? Should all events be cancelled?
Analyzed 2 scenarios considering the following prompts listed in the instructions above as they apply.
Compared the strengths and weaknesses of community planning found in the scenarios to planning in own community.
Scenario 1A: Action that business owners can take to keep businesses open
Coronavirus is one of the pandemic cases of flu that have affected organizations and individuals across the world. Business owners can embark on numerous strategies in preparing for the flu pandemic. For instance, they ought to provide hand sanitizers at the store entrance to contain the spread of the virus. In such a case, proprietors must ensure they place a sanitizer bottle close to a large sign that can attract the customer’s attention. According to Phua et al. (2020), the symbol can contain phrasing such as “Help Stop Spread of the Flu.” Besides, hand washing is a relevant strategy of preventing the spread of coronavirus. Therefore, business operators must encourage all customers and employees alike to wash their hands with water and soap frequently.
Furthermore, business owners can ensure that employees receive the flu vaccine to minimize the chances of contracting the virus. Alternatively, the
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- MSN Prompt 6646 Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: Following what I learned during this course, I can now analyze information associated with evidence-based practice and better health outcomes. I was able to apply the theories and nursing research in my assignments. I realized that the MSN Essential Standards does apply ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- HPA Discussion Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay PaperDescription: Hospital policy and procedures play a significant role in healthcare organizations. Health policies determine the outcome of healthcare and help the staff understand their duties in the organization. These regulations look at safe delivery methods and the effective cost of care. The growing...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement EssayDescription: HIV is the virus that causes AIDS, which is one of the most critical public health problems that is faced across the world. HIV/AIDS has impacted millions of individuals, families and communities across the globe. The World Health Organization (WHO) asserts...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |