Depression In Primary Care Settings (Essay Sample)
Depression is one of the leading causes of disability in adults. It affects men and women of all ages, races, and social and economic groups. Depression has a major impact on a person’s quality of life and can increase the risk of suicide. It can make it more difficult for people to care for other health conditions they may have. Depression also can affect family members, especially children.
- Discuss what The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (Task Force) has recommended concerning screening for depression in the primary care setting. What are the recommended screening tools age specific.
- Share what you have used in your practicum site to screen for depression and how it was addressed.
Required: 1 page, must be APA format 6th edition. Must be 3 references within 3 years in US ONLY.source..
Depression is one of the leading causes of disability among people of all ages from different ethnicities, races, nationalities and regions all over the world. Depression affects individuals, families, businesses and the society in general. The United States task force has, however, deciphered that screening improves the actual and accurate identification of adults suffering from depression in primary care settings, also pregnant and postpartum females (Melville, 2017). Screening is important because improves the efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of clinical programs and treatments in adults, something that will reduce depression and its impacts in an individual.
The task force states that to address the burden of depression, a health system requires reliable, simple and brief ways of administration are the best screening instruments for depression as per
- U.S. Health Care: Efficacies of Public vs Private-Based Quality InitiativesDescription: Debate the efficacies of public versus private-based quality initiatives. What roles do each play in the quality of U.S. health care?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Allied Health ShortageDescription: Allied Health Shortage Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Nursing Theory to Guide Practice and ReflectionDescription: Nursing Theory to Guide Practice and Reflection Health and Medicine Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |