Depression In Primary Care Settings (Essay Sample)
Depression is one of the leading causes of disability in adults. It affects men and women of all ages, races, and social and economic groups. Depression has a major impact on a person’s quality of life and can increase the risk of suicide. It can make it more difficult for people to care for other health conditions they may have. Depression also can affect family members, especially children.
- Discuss what The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (Task Force) has recommended concerning screening for depression in the primary care setting. What are the recommended screening tools age specific.
- Share what you have used in your practicum site to screen for depression and how it was addressed.
Required: 1 page, must be APA format 6th edition. Must be 3 references within 3 years in US ONLY.source..
Depression is one of the leading causes of disability among people of all ages from different ethnicities, races, nationalities and regions all over the world. Depression affects individuals, families, businesses and the society in general. The United States task force has, however, deciphered that screening improves the actual and accurate identification of adults suffering from depression in primary care settings, also pregnant and postpartum females (Melville, 2017). Screening is important because improves the efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of clinical programs and treatments in adults, something that will reduce depression and its impacts in an individual.
The task force states that to address the burden of depression, a health system requires reliable, simple and brief ways of administration are the best screening instruments for depression as per
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to depression essays:
- Journal Entry Great DepressionDescription: History is indeed one of the most interesting and fruitful topics that a student could learn. This is because it tells us more about the rich cultural background of our country as well as shape our future based on the principles on which it stands....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Depression: The challenge - Problem Analysis PaperDescription: The former company I worked for was AT&T. In the latter months before my departure, three employees died in what could be termed as suicide. The deaths seemed to have been given media blackout to protect the image of the company....5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- People With Major Mental Disorders Bi-Polar Disorder, Major DepressionDescription: Identify what are factors that raise the risks for developing a substance use or gambling disorder among this specific population? Besides the expected negative effects of substance use or gambling disorder, what are other specific negative effects of addiction on this specific population?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |