Database Search on Diabetes Mellitus Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Choose a topic related to health that has meaning to your personal health, interests, and well-being. This may be a disease, such as diabetes, or healthy fitness activity. (So I chose the topic Diabetes mellitus)
Conduct a database search comparing one of the following database directories with Google Scholar.
CINAHL and Google Scholar
PubMed and Google Scholar
next step is
Explain how you were able to narrow down the number of article hits you had initially and present within your post a summary of the credible article you chose as your resource. How do you know your article choice is credible? Which database do you prefer and why?
the last step includes
How will using a database search facilitate your:
nursing work (evidence-based practice); and
please give the answer to all 3 above questions.
I need at least 3 references to be used for this paper
below is the information my professor just uploaded for a better understanding of the assignment
Two of the most widely used databases in nursing are CINAHL and PubMed. Be sure that you are using one of these two databases in your search.
You will likely find thousands of sources during your search. Another important critical skill of a nurse is to identify which sources are credible. Be sure to discuss how you narrowed down your search and why you chose the article that you did. As you summarize your article, remember that we are not reading it along with you. This means you should give us enough detail to ensure that we understand what the article was about.
The final step for this week involves reflection. As you look back at your search, tell me which database you preferred and why. How do you think this database search will help you moving forward in your scholarly work, nursing work, and professional development?
Database Search on Diabetes Mellitus
Database Search on Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that has grown in popularity over the years because of the heightened prevalence. As a result, the topic has become an interesting one in the field of medicine and research. Diabetes mellitus is a disease, a term that an average adult has to come across in one way or another (Jenssen & Hartmann, 2019). Through the news, one gets to hear about how the disease has claimed many lives or even through reading articles related to medicine online. Either way, it is easy to come across the term diabetes mellitus in the course of one's life. Therefore, I chose it since many people can relate easily relate to it. I often tend to like using PubMed and Google Scholar to conduct my search on topics related to medicine and health sciences. PubMed is a search engine that offers success to the primary MEDLINE database for medicine and health sciences students (Fiorini et al. 2018). On the other, Google Scholar is a web search engine that provides access to a broad array of full texts and metadata across a broad array of disciplines. The engine also features peer-reviewed articles and important books in the medical field.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- How Nurses Can Impact Health Policy Decisions Health, Medicine EssayDescription: The leading medical job is nursing globally, with about 3 million practitioners within the U.S only. Because of that, they do possess the ability to intensely impact policy on a universal measure. Nurses need to be involved in legislation that influences their patients as it is their professional ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Nursing and Public Policy Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Before delving deeper into this paper, it is crucial to first define the term registered nurse as it is described in Florida. The Nurse Practice Act of Florida (revised in 2020), a registered nurse is defined as “any person licensed in this state or holding an active multistate license under...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Institute of Medicine’s Six Domains and their Importance to HealthCareDescription: Today, hospital performance is increasingly essential to patients who want the best healthcare system. As a result, hospitals must continually innovate and integrate principles and statutes that could help them enhance patient outcomes. The Institute of Medicine (IOM) designed six domains...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |