Critique of Research Studies - Part 1 Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Follow the instructions provided in "Critique of Research Studies Instructions."
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
7% Quantitative Title and Abstract - Critique thoroughly addresses all guidelines and criteria for the quantitative research title and abstract. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
28.0 %Quantitative Introduction: Statement of the problem, hypotheses or research questions, literature review, and conceptual framework/theoretical framework- Critique thoroughly addresses all guidelines and criteria for each of the quantitative research introduction components. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
7.0 %Qualitative Title and Abstract - Critique thoroughly addresses all guidelines and criteria for the qualitative research title and abstract. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
28.0 %Qualitative Introduction: Statement of the problem, research questions, literature review, and conceptual underpinnings - Critique thoroughly addresses all guidelines and criteria for each of the qualitative research introduction components. Critique is supported with relevant evidence.
20.0 %Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)- The writer is clearly in command of standard, written academic English.
5.0 %Paper Format (Use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)-All format elements are correct.
5.0 %Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style) - In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
I will attach the two articles from previous assignments as well as the complete instructions for this assignment highlighted this is part one, I will upload part two and three tomorrow.
Critique of Research Studies: Part I
The article has a good title that concisely suggests the study population and main study variables. The title is as follows: Palliative sedation and moral distress: A qualitative study of nurses.
The article has an abstract which summarizes the key features of the report in a clear and concise manner. Those key features include the aim of the study, method used by the researchers, findings and conclusions, as well as the need for further research on the subject matter. It clearly explains the purpose of the article, which was to synthesize quantitative evidence in the literature on moral distress that nurses experience. The findings were that a lot of nursing staffs often experience moral distress that is mainly as a result of difficult care situations. Many nurses also feel burnout and this could negatively impact their professional position (Oh & Gastmans, 2015). The abstract is less than 250 words in length.
The introduction section of this quantitative article effectively orientates readers to the study. It does so by introducing the research questions and problem, stating the purpose of the study and the rationale for conducting it, and developing the background of the research. According to Oh and Gastmans (2015), nursing staffs in the course of their work often make ethical decisions, although they may do so unknowingly. While nurses are hardly ever in a position of controlling other people’s actions, they have to decide what their own moral actions should be in various situations such as death, suffering, illness or ageing of their vulnerable patients.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial profiling Essays
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Summary of Mike Bunn's Article Literature & Language EssayDescription: Mike Bunn begins his article by introducing the concept that all writing is made up of a series of choices (Bunn 72). He then explains the basics of reading like a writer (carefully examining what you read and examining the writerly techniques) and introduces the concept of using quotes...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Office Art Video-Video Presentation Literature & Language EssayDescription: In the Baroque style painting, the painter represented himself in the studio behind a canvas and Margarita the child princess appears is in the foreground, there are two maids of honor, two dwarfs and a dog on the floor....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Postpartum Depression Health, Medicine, Nursing Article CritiqueDescription: Many women after child birth are often faced with a myriad of challenges including postpartum depression. The complexity of child birth usually results in mood and psychiatric disorders. According to Sword and others in the article “postpartum depression is any depressive disorder...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |