Critical Appraisal of a Quantitative Study (Essay Sample)
The article "Evidence-Based Practice Step by Step: Critical Appraisal of the Evidence: Part I" provides a critical appraisal guide for appraising quantitative studies. Select one quantitative study from the research articles you have identified for your project.
The capsont project subject is....
In Texas, how can nurses raise workplace violence penalties to a felony of the third degree through legislation for all healthcare personnel, compared to the current Class A misdemeanor penalties for healthcare personnel outside of an emergent situation in order to create a healthy zero tolerance workplace environment to improve nursing satisfaction; thus decreasing nursing shortages and improving patient outcomes within the next five years?
Also see the attached documents for the selected project.
Using the quantitative study you have selected, answer three of the questions listed in the critical appraisal guide in the above article.
Why was the study done?
What is the sample size?
Are the instruments of the major variables valid and reliable? or How useful it is to practice?
Critical Appraisal of a Quantitative Study
Reasons for the study
The research was done based on the fact that the International Council of Nurses, the international professional body had identified that violence on the job was a major occupational issue for all registered nurses working in the medical care sector (Park et al, 2015). The purpose of the study was to explore the scope of the problem, discover the prevalence plus perpetrators of violent behavior against nurses, to explore the link between work burden and trust and integrity in the job place with the incidence of violence and provide recommendations for enhancing workplace safety. The study applied cross-sectional data from nurse s...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to domestic violence:
- Service Design AnalyticsDescription: Understanding how queues behave can help managers from different industries to make appropriate decisions....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Witch Hunts EssayDescription: In one of the most revered moments in the history of America, the red scare was a critical event. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Essay |
- Avoiding Youth Violence, Violent Video Games Should Be LimitedDescription: This is a very important process of discussing a crucial issue about youth violence and how violent video games should be limited in our state owing to their negative influence on the youth]...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |