Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Rape Violence Effects on Individual or Community (Essay Sample)
page 1: By now, you should have read the chapter. For this discussion activity, I want you to respond to the following question in the Discussion area in this learning module.
To me violence is a type of crime. It may be violence against one person (personal or stranger), a group, a community, or society as a whole. Three of the most horrific crimes are domestic violence, child abuse/molestation, and rape. Discuss your knowledge of the effects these three crimes have on individuals and society as a whole. Ex., if a rape occurs in your apartment complex does it have an adverse effect on the other residents or is "none of their business."
There are many types of violence in our society and they affect the quality of life we live in. These are crimes that are affecting the weaker people in the society and mind you, it can happen to anybody. Among this violence, this essay will look in to domestic violence, child molestation and child abuse, and finally rape violence.
Domestic violence, child abuse and rape violence effects on individual or community
Domestic violence does away with families and informs fears to family members. Most victims are usually women and their children get to be affected by violence too. For women, this act of violence disposes them in to mental disorders, with a very poor quality of life and mental and physical disabilities. Women victims of domestic violence could go through depression and they may end up having a post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Generally, some victims end up losing their jobs due to illnesses associated with this, some may opt to move and it is costly to start a new life somewhere else. Children affected by this have apprehension problems and show symptoms of depression. They also display meagre performance in academic, diminished social capability levels, sleeplessness, poor self-esteem, and lastly they show signs of emotional distress.
Child abuse and molestation is seen to be recurrent in families that move a lot where there is lonesomeness,...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Childhood Research Paper Assignment: Images of Child LaborDescription: What comes to mind when you think of child labor? Is it something of the past? Does it occur somewhere “far away”? ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- IDEA and Other Laws to Protect Students with DisabilitiesDescription: Assuming that Adam is diagnosed with ADHD and qualified for a 504 plan, summarize what you anticipate will be written up in that plan...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Health Education Proposal HEP Example: Teaching PlanDescription: The purpose of the Health Education Proposal is to provide the School Nurse the opportunity to look broadly at health education....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |