Case Study- Response Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Could you please respond to attached assignment. I mentioned it earlier in the assignment 00119391. The class is divided into sets/groups and we have to respond to one classmate/peer from different set/group.
Please use APA format, 7th edition. You don't have to copy and paste questions. Don't include questions in the essay.
The case scenario for attached assignment- set/group is as follows:
Jaheira is receiving the first dose of an antibiotic after the culture and sensitivity of her wound drainage. The nurse is providing patient teaching to Jaheira.
1. Jaheira is told that the medication is a sulfonamide and that it has bacteriostatic action. What does the term bacteriostatic mean, and how is a bacteriostatic medication different from a bactericidal medication?
2. What adverse effects may Jaheira experience when taking a sulfonamide drug?
3. What patient teaching will the nurse provide to Jaheira regarding these adverse effects?
Case Study Response
Case Study Response
The discussion post was very insightful, and I support your views that over 7% of patients who have used sulfonamides have reported allergies. The medication is a standard prescription as a first-line of treatment for various infectious diseases. The common allergic reactions include diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea with several rare adverse effects such as headache, urticarial, and convulsions (Obayes et al. 2017). Based on this, the nurse must educate the patient to ensure that they use sulfonamides as expected. I agree with you that it is vital for the nurse to educate Jaheira about the benefits of completing
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Storytelling for 4 years old Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: 4 years is an important stage in the development of a child. It is the moment when the child enjoys doing new things, plays mom and dad, and exercises curiosity about sex. It is at this stage that children are seen to have nightmares and monster fears. Many imaginary friends...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Ethics Framework Essay Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: .Mr. Johnson Is a Victim of several hospital readmissions caused by his underlying conditions. The patient has previously received a renal transplant but is no longer eligible for transplantation and should undergo Hemodialysis. Moreover, the patient experiences chronic pains and severe arterial...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- DQ2 Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research PaperDescription: Registered nurses face ethical dilemmas every day as they provide care to patients. Indeed, what may be an ethical dilemma for one registered nurse may not be an ethical dilemma for another registered nurse. This is primarily because as individuals, nurses have different backgrounds, values,...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |