Case study Moral status Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Write a 250-500 word analysis of "Case Study: Fetal Abnormality." Be sure to address the following questions:
Which theory or theories are being used by Jessica, Marco, Maria, and Dr. Wilson to determine the moral status of the fetus? Explain.
How does the theory determine or influence each of their recommendation for action?
What theory do you agree with? How would the theory determine or influence the recommendation for action?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Case Study Moral Status
Case Study Moral Status
All through life, people face challenges that require immediate or long-term solutions. In the case study “Fetal Abnormality,” Dr. Wilson, Jessica, Aunt Maria, and Marco are entangled in a situation where each has to make a decision using moral theories. Different individuals approach social issues using different moral theories and Jessica, Dr. Wilson, Marco, and aunt Maria are not exceptional. Four theories are used by these individuals to approach the question of whether to abort the fetus or not. Dr. Wilson uses the theory of subjectivism to support abortion. According to Foot (1995), the theory of subjectivism is based on situations. Dr. Wilson analyzes the situation from a medical point of view and realizes that the fetal does not have a moral right to live because it poses a threat to the mother’s life. Maria, on the other hand, is opposed to abortion because she believes that God would not approve it. This is an approach from divine command point of view. According to Daniels (n.d), proponents of divine command theory argue that morality of actions depend on God. Jessica is in support of the abortion because of her financial status, but she seems undecid
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to abortion:
- Forensic Psychology: How Do You Define A Terrorist?Description: What do you think about this statement: ‘Someone’s terrorist is another person’s hero’? In your mind, are sexual assaults different from physical assaults?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Select The Topic Abortion To Create Annotated BibliographyDescription: This article is very helpful to understand the vulnerability of the population because of induced abortion. There are various reasons that have been highlighted in the study to evaluate the cause of abortion...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Annotated Bibliography |
- When Did “Pro-Life” Become a Bad Word?Description: Lauren’s objective in writing the article is to communicate the observation that while it may not be wrong to be pro-life in the abortion debate, the term pro-life is loaded with a lot of baggage which casts a dark cloud on the name....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |