Case 1 BHE Health Promotion. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
A tlc.trident.edu[jfÿ LlSien ^ I
Module 1 - CaseFROM DISEASE PREVENTION TO HEALTH PROMOTIONAssignment Overview
As a new health educator, you have just been asked to write an article for your health department's newsletter. The article should be about the transition from disease prevention to health promotion, with a focus on determinants of health.
Please write a paper that addresses these points:
• Discuss why the Ottawa Charter and The Jakarta Declaration are important turning points in the transition from disease prevention to health promotion.
• What are determinants of health? How do they influence health? Please provide at least 3 examples.
• How are determinants of health being addressed in Healthy People 2020?
It is widely known that prevention is better than cure. However according to another quote, “the greatest medicine is to teach people how not to need it”. And that is where health promotion comes in. Health promotion, as defined by the Ottawa Charter, is “the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve their health (WHO, 1986)”. On the other hand, disease prevention is composed of services and activities that aims to reduce disease occurrence and its associated risks (WHO, 2019). We can see here that health promotion encompasses disease prevention, as it empowers the people over their general wellbeing; seeing health as a means to full life rather than being just the opposite of illness (Povlsen and Borup, 2015)....
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- EOH SLP 1 The Gauge Steel Company. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The Gauge Steel Company consists of nearly 1000 workers. The work ethics require that every employer gives their best to help achieve the goals of the company. However, all of the employees are exposed to excessive noise and are urged to work in an unfriendly environment. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- EOH 402 The Climate Change Quiz. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The Climate Change Quiz estimates the amount of ocean and land area required to sustain our consumption patterns. Another purpose of this quiz is to determine how quickly the climate would change given that we have become a reason for air pollution, land pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs)Description: This paper seeks to look at the magnitude of HAIs, define the best practices in regard to the issue, and discuss strategies for improving the quality of care....7 pages/≈1925 words | 18 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |