Sign In
Not register? Register Now!
Essay Available:
Pages:
1 page/≈275 words
Sources:
Check Instructions
Level:
APA
Subject:
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Type:
Essay
Language:
English (U.S.)
Document:
MS Word
Date:
Total cost:
$ 4.32
Topic:

Blue Zones: Rethinking the American Landscape. Health, Medicine. (Essay Sample)

Instructions:

Discuss what you have learned about a blue zone and how this lifestyle promotes health and longevity. Compare this way of life to the common daily experience in the United States. How is it different?

source..
Content:


Title
Your Name
Subject and Section
Professor’s Name
Date of Submission
Multiple health conditions are becoming common as a person grows old. These conditions include cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, diabetes, cancer, etc. One determining factor of a person’s longevity and susceptibility to diseases is genetic make-up. However, the genetic factor is only just about 20%. The remaining 80% of how long a person lives is influenced heavily by the person’s lifestyle and environment. There are places called “Blue Zones” wherein people prioritize a healthy lifestyle leading to a longer life as compared to any other place in the world. These areas have low rates of chronic diseases which are known to be home to some of the oldest people in the world (Riddell, 2016).
A team of experts led by Dan Buettner studied various areas of longevity around the world and called these geographical areas

...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:

Other Topics:

  • Topic 5 DQ1 , And Topic 5 DQ2 Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay
    Description: Describe the characteristics of the aging process. Explain how some of the characteristics may lead to elder abuse (memory issues, vulnerability, etc.). Discuss the types of consideration a nurse must be mindful of while performing a health assessment on a geriatric patient as compared to a middle-aged...
    1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
  • Advocating for End of Life Care. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay
    Description: End of life care presents an array of challenges to healthcare providers, especially when the goals of the patient’s family differ from the goals of end of life care....
    1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
  • Elderly Abuse Essay. Health, Medicine, Nursing Assignment.
    Description: Older people are vulnerable to financial abuse from their immediate family. It could be a spouse, sibling, or relative who takes advantage of the trust the older adult has on them....
    1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
HIRE A WRITER FROM $11.95 / PAGE
ORDER WITH 15% DISCOUNT!