BHA 480 3 Interoperability Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Visit the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HIT) (ONC) website at HealthIT.gov. Identify the current efforts of the ONC to promote adoption of health care IT standards for interoperability.
Answer the following question in detail:
What impact do you believe these initiatives will have? Why?
Explain information on standards for interoperability. Has the standard changed? What are the current issues surrounding the standard?
Your references and citations should be consistent with a particular formatting style, such as APA. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl(dot)english(dot)purdue(dot)edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
Provide references from at least three scholarly articles and peer-reviewed journals. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www(dot)angelo(dot)edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
Your response should be based on reliable and scholarly material, such as peer-reviewed articles, white papers, technical papers, etc. Please use the following resource for evaluating information found on the internet to ensure that you are using reliable sources: https://www(dot)library(dot)georgetown(dot)edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
Your response should incorporate the outcomes of the module with the requirements of this assignment.
Interoperability is the ability of computer software and connected devices to exchange health information in secure access from other health information technology under applicable state and federal law and without much effort from the user.
Current Efforts by the ONC to Promote Interoperability
The health IT experts and people on the ground who understand the health and care ecosystem put together a ten-year-old roadmap plan to support the vision that ONC outlined in connecting health and care for the nation. This vision has set standards in IT and policy initiatives, their recent efforts include:
* The release of a new communication tool; the ONC standard bulleting to update the health care industry of the ONC Health IT standards and policy initiatives periodically (HealthIt.gov, n.d.).
* ONC has released the (SVAP) Standard Version Advancement Process and a draft UCDI version 2 that enables the public input into the elements that should be included in the interoperability of health data for a patient, health care providers, and other users (HealthIt.gov, n.d.).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- APC Memo Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research PaperDescription: Ambulatory Payment Classification (APCs) refers to the government’s (United States) procedure of disbursing outpatient services payments in the Medicare program. Hospitals use APCs to bill the federal government for services provided to Medicare and Medicaid patients...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Internal operations assessment Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: One method of assessing healthcare organizations’ operational needs is quality. Quality assesses the healthcare organization’s ability to provide services consistent with the quality standards of the patients (Gomes et al., 2010). A healthcare operational needs would be satisfied if high levels of patient...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Balanced scorecard Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: A balances scorecard (BSC) denotes a performance management tool used to identify and enhance various internal organizational functions and resulting outcomes. It offers a healthcare organization a complete set of financial, as well as non-financial performance measures based on a specific strategy...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |