Benchmark Assignment - Performance Management Plan Proposal Essay (Essay Sample)
Assume the role of a newly-hired risk management officer for a hypothetical new allied health organization in your chosen career field. You and your team will need to develop the organization's policies.
The first item you will create will be a performance management plan. Using the resource in HIM Briefings (2019)
(https://lopes(dot)idm(dot)oclc(dot)org/login?url=https://search(dot)ebscohost(dot)com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=136952250&site=ehost-live&scope=site) or other qualified framework, craft a proposal (1,250-1,500 words) for a performance management plan for your new organization that includes the following:
Organizational Goals. Provide a statement of your organization's goals in terms of workplace safety, risk management, or quality improvement. Pick one area, and develop five goals for that one area.
Outline of Organizational Objectives. Outline and provide a brief evaluation of specific objectives that support the organizational goals you previously identified.
Summary of Relevant Performance Measures. Summarize the steps and measures your new organization will adopt to measure performance. Consider: (a) How well measures will align with your stated goals? (b) How do these measures demonstrate a relationship to positive health outcomes? (c) Are the measures you select able to be controlled by your organization (i.e., can your organization effect change in this area?)? (d) Which measures meet criteria related to reliability and validity, and which are standardized?
Performance Baseline. Determine a performance baseline for the measures you have selected. This will enable your organization to conduct comparisons of desired goals versus actual results as time moves on.
Performance Evaluation. Select one of three commonly accepted methods to measure provider quality and summarize the features and why it applies best to your organization. Refer to the assigned reading, "The Measurement of Health Care Performance: A Primer From the Council of Medical Specialty Societies," by the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CPSS) (http://www(dot)cmss(dot)org/uploadedFiles/CMSS_Quality_Primer.pdf).
Definition of Success. Define what success means to the organization. Now that you have chosen measures to assess organizational performance, you need to identify what success means to your organization; otherwise, you are chasing a moving target. Be explicit in the level of performance you see as acceptable. This will change as an organization grows, but you need to start somewhere in order to get anywhere.
You are required to use and cite a minimum of three qualified resources from the readings, qualified websites, or the GCU Library in order to complete this assignment successfully.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Subject and Section
Date of submission
Performance Management utilizes strategically a set of performance standards as well as measures and tracks its improvement through progress reports. This will also include the quality improvement plan that is currently in progress to guide the organization in achieving the desired results. To ensure this, the following goals will be established (Madlabana, 2020).
* Improving the quality of performance of the nursing department through services and care provided to patients
* Establishment of policies and procedures in regards to quality improvements efforts of the organization to align the mission of the nursing organization with high quality of care
* Engaging all nursing teams in the promotion of growth professionally through transformational leadership
* Optimization of quality healthcare through modifying and redesigning nursing care to prevent infection and reduce harm
* Implementation of a patient-centered care system among all nursing levels in the promotion of a culture of safety
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- 310 Discussion Healthcare Reform Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Healthcare policy formulation and reforms should be informed by an ethical guideline to ensure that any ethical issues that arise are addressed. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 has raised an ethical debate on its wake and the article by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (n.d.)...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- CA 320 Organization Behavior Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Poor medical leadership can make or break an institution, especially during a time of crisis, bringing about negative outcomes. In many cases, doctors have had to manage themselves, others, and the situation at hand. However, a lot has changed in the modern age with the introduction of medical leadership...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 320 SLP Organization Behavior, Structure Health, Medicine EssayDescription: Acquiring the knowledge of organizational structures is paramount for any individual intending to venture into business. Many of the organizational structures are something that the ordinary person has encountered at least once. This subconscious knowledge will help answer...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |