Bedside Shift Report (Essay Sample)
PICOT question: does a bedside nursing shift report accelerate patient consummation? Improve the quality of care, nurse accountability, the effectiveness of communication, and patient safety compare to shift report at nurse’s station?
Please address these questions on this paper and NO INTRODUCTION needed for this paper. Please use the same article from the previous paper-to verify to check the article below.
1. How does the research address your PICOT question?
2. Identify at least one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in two or more of the articles from your literature review. Consider what the evidence indicates about how this practice contributes to better outcomes.
3. Explain how the evidence-based practice that you identified contributes to better outcomes. In addition, identify potential negative outcomes that could result from failing to use the evidence-based practice.
4. Consider how you would disseminate information about this evidence-based practice throughout your organization or practice setting. How would you communicate the importance of the practice?
5. Outline the strategy for disseminating the evidence-based practice that you identified throughout your practice setting. Explain how you would communicate the importance of the practice to your colleagues. Describe how you would move from disseminating the information to implementing the evidence-based practice within your organization. How would you address concerns and opposition to the change in practice?
Please review and use these articles.
1) Article 1: A quantitative assessment of patient and nurse outcomes of bedside nursing report implementation by Sand-Jecklin K1, Sherman J.
2)Article 2: Investigating the bedside nursing report: a synthesis of the literature by Sherman J1, Sand-Jecklin K2, Johnson J1.
Bedside Shift Report
Bedside Shift Report
Bedside Shift reporting plays a major role in nursing care practice. Its implementation has received different views, and perception from the healthcare providers. Bedside Shift reporting enhances patient care practices, thus promotes recovery. Medical errors and inappropriate patient communication were associated with patient handoff reports. Therefore, the literature explains the implementation outcomes of bedside reporting and its effects on patient outcomes. Most of the literature reviews focused on introducing several benefits of the bedside nursing shift report. It presents the extents at which the patient handoffs works as combined with the bedside reporting. However, implementation of the program varies across different facilities and other institutions. It is attributed to different nursing perception. Patient safety and involvement in care play a significant role in ensuring that the successful implementation of the program.
The population involves patients, whose reporting addresses their satisfaction rates, and this is evident in both articles (Sand‐Jecklin & Sherman, 2014) and Sherman, Sand-Jecklin & Johnson, 2013). The authors outlined the benefits and disadvantages of the bedside reporting. Significant findings proved that patient satisfaction is improved through the method. It is further explained through different reviews and interpretation of results collected from the healthcare facilities. Apart from identifying the patients' conditions and outcomes, it has focused on communication and the relationship between the patients and the healthcare providers thus providing an answer to the population and patient aspect of the PICOT question.
The interventions vary from one healthcare facility to the other. Also, the process is determined by the health conditions in the patients. Information and interventions were applied to different groups of the patient to identify the major difference between the handoff method and the bedside reporting. The outcomes, however, varied significantly since each method was applied differently thus impacting on the nurses and patient perceptions. On the other hand, the time has had variance, especially where reporting occurred only in the afternoon with an unspecified amount of time.
Nursing Practices Supported by the Evidence
The research conducted Sherman, Sand-Jecklin,& Johnson, (2013) and Sand‐Jecklin & Sherman, (2014), showed that the bedside report
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Physical Activity Report Writing Assignment Description: The first section of the report is to be written for your client, therefore the use of suitable language and explanations is expected. Instructions on how to tailor your language appropriately will be provided in seminars...8 pages/≈2200 words | 10 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal Section F: Implementation PlanDescription: Describe the setting and access to potential subjects. If there is a need for a consent or approval form, then one must be created....2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal - Section E: Change ModelDescription: Apply one of the above models and carry your implementation through each of the stages, phases, or steps identified in the chosen model....2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |