Assignment: Personal Leadership Philosophies (Essay Sample)
Assignment: Personal Leadership Philosophies
Many of us can think of leaders we have come to admire, be they historical figures, pillars of the industry we work in, or leaders we know personally. The leadership of individuals such as Abraham Lincoln and Margaret Thatcher has been studied and discussed repeatedly. However, you may have interacted with leaders you feel demonstrated equally competent leadership without ever having a book written about their approaches.
What makes great leaders great? Every leader is different, of course, but one area of commonality is the leadership philosophy that great leaders develop and practice. A leadership philosophy is basically an attitude held by leaders that acts as a guiding principle for their behavior. While formal theories on leadership continue to evolve over time, great leaders seem to adhere to an overarching philosophy that steers their actions.
What is your leadership philosophy? In this Assignment, you will explore what guides your own leadership.
• Identify two to three scholarly resources, in addition to this Module’s readings, that evaluate the impact of leadership behaviors in creating healthy work environments.
• Reflect on the leadership behaviors presented in the three resources that you selected for review.
• Reflect on your results of the CliftonStrengths Assessment, and consider how the results relate to your leadership traits.
The Assignment (2-3 pages):
Personal Leadership Philosophies
Develop and submit a personal leadership philosophy that reflects what you think are characteristics of a good leader. Use the scholarly resources on leadership you selected to support your philosophy statement. Your personal leadership philosophy should include the following:
• A description of your core values
• A personal mission/vision statement
• An analysis of your CliftonStrengths Assessment summarizing the results of your profile
• A description of two key behaviors that you wish to strengthen
• A development plan that explains how you plan to improve upon the two key behaviors you selected and an explanation of how you plan to achieve your personal vision. Be specific and provide examples.
Marshall, E., & Broome, M. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
Chapter 1, “Expert Clinician to Transformational Leader in a Complex Health Care Organization: Foundations” (pp. 7–20 ONLY)
Chapter 6, “Frameworks for Becoming a Transformational Leader” (pp. 145–170)
Chapter 7, “Becoming a Leader: It’s All About You” (pp. 171–194)
Duggan, K., Aisaka, K., Tabak, R. G., Smith, C., Erwin, P., & Brownson, R. C. (2015). Implementing administrative evidence-based practices: Lessons from the field in six local health departments across the United States. BMC Health Services Research, 15(1). doi:10.1186/s12913-015-0891-3. Retrieved from https://bmchealthservres(dot)biomedcentral(dot)com/articles/10.1186/s12913-015-0891-3
My Personal Leadership Philosophy
My Personal Leadership Philosophy
The key aim of writing this paper is to point out some of my personal philosophy concerning the leadership of every person. Leadership is a strong thing to me and is essential to let people know the kind of person I am, what guides me in my life, my followers, what my followers expect from my leadership and what I expect for my leadership. This paper, therefore, will reflect on my core values, my vision and mission statements as well as an analysis of my Clifton strengths assessment to summarize the results in my profile. Additionally, I will also provide the key behaviors I wish to strengthen and a developmental plan for how to improve them.
My personal core values and beliefs include kindness, honesty, perseverance, security, learning, and success to achieve all that I want to achieve. These values are useful to me as I make my own decisions and in my day to day activities. In my opinion, good leadership entails knowledge, integrity and a sense of responsibility. My personal values are congruent to my and professional philosophies since my personal values have been the driving force in all that I aim to achieve. To ensure that I follow my philosophies daily, I have to keep some things in mind; that we are all human, and no one is perfect despite the effort that everyone makes to be the best.
My personal vision is to be a leader in my area of work who will be known as a resourceful person to others, one who will be approachable as well as respected by those around me. My mission statement is to not only provide quality, but also affordable services to educate and to guide people on how to live meaningful lives.
From the Clifton Strengths Assessment, my top themes were; learner, intellection, relator, responsibility, and positivity. As a learner, I love learning new things and what interests me most is the matter of the subject that is only determined by the subject itself, not other experiences, nor other t
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to abraham lincoln:
- Explosive Growth of Urbanization in the Late 19th CenturyDescription: General instructions: Type your responses in ONE word document (both the essay and IDs should be completed in ONE word document) and upload your document to the link below titled “Unit 1 Exam.” ...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Transcultural Perspectives on SchizophreniaDescription: We sought to understand the way that they view people with schizophrenia in their native country and compare it with the way that we view the people in my home country China....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Spiritual Concept Analysis Assignment (Hospitality)Description: he Israelites also believed that God was the host and providing hospitality was a sign of moral strength. Gift giving ( mattānāh ) is free among the people such as giving to the poor and even Abraham gave gifts to the sons of his concubines ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |