2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Assessment of Legislative Roles (Essay Sample)
Write a paper examining the roles of the legislative branch in health policy. Describe how this branch needs to relate to other stakeholders and assess where conflict between the stakeholders may and does occur.source..
Assessment of Legislative Roles
Assessment of Legislative Roles
The legislative branch of the government is responsible for enforcing laws of the state and appropriating money necessary for the operation of the government. The medical profession over time has changed because of evolving social, political, and economic factors, The twentieth century has seen rapid and massive growth in the health care system that redefines idea of how many and how much workers in the health care the public needs. Initially, only two divisions existed- doctors and nurses- currently there are more than 190 allied health occupations. The health care system has become inflated costing more than society can pay(Thometz, 1998). Therefore, the government influences health care workforce, its values, cost, and societal expectations.
In the U.S private and public sectors play important roles in the system. The legislative branch in the public sector determines various tasks such as services the government pays for and for a specific group of people in society. It subsidizes education expenses for health care workers who influence the type of workforce and number. It also determines the type of workers and their tasks through licensing laws. Legislation reimbursements determine the services the public pays to a health worker.
The legislative branch influences laws regulating use of controlled substances, the process of drugs and devices, and other aspects of clinical care. State legislatures have power to promote and protect safety, health, and morals of the society. This power makes it the suitable policymaking body(Anon, 1995). When provided with enough resources, it establishes bodies that help gather scientific data necessary for sound po...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to health care:
- Cost, Quality, and Access in Health PolicyDescription: As healthcare insurance coverage expands under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), this increased ability to pay for healthcare services influence quality,...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Health Policy DebateDescription: Explain current health policy debate regarding the Affordable Care Act in the context of values, markets, and morals. In fairness and availability of care...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Affordable CareDescription: Commonly referred to as the Obama care, the patient protection and affordable care act of 2010, is one of the landmark legislations that the health care sector has implemented...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |