Artistic Expression Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Week 5: Artistic Expression: Caring Concept Assignment Part II
Nursing practice is both an art and a science with caring as a central concept to nursing practice and the profession of nursing. Caring is influenced by the nurse's knowledge, skills, and attitudes formed through lifelong learning and experiences. The purpose of this assessment is to explore definitions of caring in nursing. Students will create a definition of caring and an artistic expression of their perception on caring.
Criteria for Content
In a one- to two-page written paper, address the items on the assignment rubric.
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the written component of this assessment.
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least one but no more than two pages.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used.
Artistic Expression of Caring
Definition of Caring (first person may be used)
Expression of Caring (first person may be used)
Conclusion (first person may be used)
Students are to use at least three (3) scholarly references current within 5 years. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least one but no more than two pages.
Artistic Expression of Caring Concept
Nurses do present the caring art not only when focusing on the signs and symptoms but rich and intense holistic relations that result from making sure and protecting the patient’s health. Acquiring a patient’s trust via respect together with care is vital to competency for a practicing nurse. This is because the nursing theoretical background is all-encompassing in its characteristics. Patient care should not be one dimensional. This essay presents the significance of caring to a nurse and the artistic expression in the nursing practice.
Definition of Caring
The definition of caring can be used to satisfy a person’s holistic and bio-psychosocial needs by collecting information to customize intercessions to improve the patient’s health. This means the important notion in the nursing discipline is caring thereby making caring a standard objective of the nursing profession. Caring can be defined as: “the moral ideal of nursing whereby the end is protection, enhancement, and preservation of human dignity. Human caring involves values, a will and commitment to care, knowledge, caring actions, and consequences” (Blasdell, 2017, p. 1). Therefore, the nursing profession has a role of educating, communicating, and providing resources to patients.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Low Birth Weight Babies Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Describe the effect of extremely low birth weight babies on the family and community. Consider short-term and long-term impacts, socioeconomic implications, the need for ongoing care, and comorbidities associated with prematurity. Explain how disparities relative to ethnic and cultural...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Personal Philosophy of Culturally Competent Nursing Medicine EssayDescription: Numerous care delivery models have existed to solve problems of care provision to the growing population. One of these models is Campinha-Bacote’s Model of cultural competence. It perceives cultural competence as a continuous process where caregivers constantly strive...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Healthcare in America Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that associates with suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts as well as death by suicide. The illness may be the deadliest because of the extreme suicide rates among individuals living with it. To prevent these suicides, it is important to understand the challenges...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |