Prepare an Analysis of Contemporary Health Care Issues (Essay Sample)
Identify a contemporary health care issue and write a paper of 750-1,000 words that describes how the issue affects the organization from a business perspective. Apply the following questions to generate your conclusions about how you would proceed:
- Will there be differences between how for-profit organizations (versus not-for-profit organizations) are impacted?
- What are the perspectives and responsibilities of the financial management staff?
- What are the basic rules and regulations of the issue that the financial management of the organization must address?
Cite a minimum of three references to support your rationale. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.source..
Analysis of Contemporary Health Issues
Cancer has been a growing global menace over the past decade. In the United States, cancer becomes second common death cause after heart disease. The most affected group is of the minority ethnicity that lack insurance against cancer. They are most likely to be diagnosed with cancer in an advanced stage making treatment very costly and extensive. The treatment here is most likely to be unsuccessful. Cancer has impacted the economy negatively in terms of the cost of treatment and manpower among others.
Cancer has a devastating impact on both for-profit and for-not profit organizations. For- profit organizations' core business and goal are the generation of income. Nonprofit organizations exist to serve a certain environmental or humanitarian need (David, 2015). The channeling of income in for-profit organizations is to create products for the market that eventually generate more income. On the other hand, the nonprofit ones channel their income to cater for the unmet need such as food. Cancer in the two impacts in the following ways; for the for-profit organizations, the reduction of manpower in the workforce will reduce productivity. In the nonprofit organizations, cancer makes them channel a lot of money in order to cater for treatment thus sacrificing other needs.
Profit companies depend on the income and credit for their operations. The credit comes from the suppliers and lenders. Nonprofit companies depend solely on grants and donations for their operations from the government, organizations, and individuals. Cancer has a great impact on how this cash is released to these organizations. For instance, regarding the government entities, it has to spend more money in facilitating equipment and treatment of cancer thus narrowing down the amount ...
- Mental Health Concerns in Adolescent Research AssignmentDescription: United States Department of Health and Human Services Office states that “approximately one out of five adolescents has a diagnosable mental health disorder,...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- HCM Discussion 4: Cost - Containment Programs Research AssignmentDescription: Cost-containment programs or approaches have been used by health insurance industry? How programs use deductibles and cost-sharing options?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Eating Disorder / Nutrition Assignment: Anorexia, Symptoms Description: Anorexia, also known as Anorexia Nervosa, is an eating disorder that makes victims experience insufficient weight gain...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |