Alabama Medicaid - Health Insurance Program For Poor People (Essay Sample)
Watch the following video in preparation for this assignment:
Harding, J. (2014). CHIP Health Insurance Program for Children.
Use what you learned from the video, the module’s required readings, and your own research to respond to the following questions:
1. Locate the Web site for your State’s health department.
2. Summarize eligibility criteria for the Medicaid program in your state of residence.
3. Describe your State's Children’s Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP). What is it called? Who is eligible? What services are covered?
Length: Submit a 3-page paper.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric that is linked within the course. Review it before you begin working on the assignment.source..
Just like Medicare, Medicaid is a health insurance program for poor, needy and low-income people. They are provided with continuous and long-term financial assistance; the federal and state governments often pay their hospital bills and doctors fees too. It is one of the largest and most famous programs providing free medications and treatments to Alabama's poor and needy people, including disabled, blind and aged men, women and children. Anyone whose income is far below than his expenditures is eligible for Alabama Medicaid's financial help (Website). In order to qualify for this beneficial program, you should be a permanent resident of the state of Alabama, or legal alien, needing insurance assistance or healthcare facilities on an immediate basis. A person whose financial condition is low and he cannot afford his treatment is eligible for this program regardless of his age, gender and religion. Pregnant women, blind and disabled people, and cancer patients are given high preference. You can also apply for the program if any of your family members, aging from 19 to 65, is suffering from a severe complication or is disable (Guo, Gibson, & Barker, 1996).
Alabama Medicaid previously provided with over $26 million and is expected to spend up to $55 million during 2019. Medicaid Commissioner Stephanie Azar said in a conference that lawmakers would soon prepare an annual session, where they would discuss new policies and strategies that could help the people improve their lifestyles and get rid of diseases as early as possible. Alabama's best child insurance program is Medicaid and the Children's
- Nursing (Assignment - Essay)Description: How will increasing your level of education affect your role in the future of nursing? How will increasing your level of education affect how you compete in the current job market? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Peanut AllergiesDescription: Write a multi-source Argumentative essay in which the writer addresses peanut allergies - causes and solutions...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Evidence Based Practice MSN Prompt ProjectDescription: The need to provide high-quality care to the patients and creating a safe environment for both the patient and the care provider is of great importance when seeking to achieve effective and positive health outcomes....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |