A Nursing Home Client (Essay Sample)
Mr. Jones, a nursing home client is on bedrest. He awakes in the middle of the night with dyspnea and clutches his chest as he breathes.
What are 2 reasons he may have awakened with dyspnea?
What are some serious concerns you may have for him?
What issue do you suspect and why?source..
Week 5 Assignment
Week 5 Assignment
Mr. Jones is suffering from either pulmonary blood clot or orthopnea. The diseases result from the lower leg problem or blood travelling to lungs difficulties. Experience of dyspnea by a patient while lying in a flat position is Orthopnea; dyspnea is difficulty in breathing or uncomfortable breathing due to increased respiratory effort. Orthopnea is common in individuals with heart failure condition lying in leaning position or those who stay in the same position for a prolonged time. It results in increased respiratory rate and increased effort of an individual to get enough air due to failure of fully operational of the diaphragm as a result of pressure from the abdominal cavity of the pati...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Roles of Executive Branch Description: The executive branch which is headed by the President of the United States has a vital role to play when it comes to the formulation and implementation of the healthcare policies...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Healthcare Legislation and Policy Description: The healthcare reforms legislation and policies in United States have been influenced by a myriad of forces which include political parties...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Assessment of Legislative RolesDescription: The legislative branch of the government is responsible for enforcing laws of the state and appropriating money necessary for the operation of the government...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |