480 SLP2 Data Analytics Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
For the Module 2 SLP, continue with the selected healthcare organization from Module 1, and respond to the items below:
How would you explain data analytics to your leadership team? What does it mean?
What are three opportunities to use Big Data in your organization?
How can Big Data benefit your patients?
How is Big Data used to identify healthcare fraud?
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
Data analytics refers to the science of analyzing raw data to make inferences about that information (Wang & Alexander, 2020). It is the collection and analysis of data to gain insights and support decision-making (Wang & Alexander, 2020).The techniques of data analytics can reveal trends and metrics that would be lost in big data. This information can then leverage processes to increase an organization's system (Reddy & Ramanadham, 2017). It is used to predict trends, improve outreach and manage disease transmission. This field covers a wide range of businesses and offers insight on micro and macro levels.
From primary areas like clinical data, medical costs, pharmaceuticals, and patient behavior, data analytics are used on micro and macro levels to shape operations, reduce overall costs and improve patient care (Pramanik et al., 2019). It can show progress in clinical data, diagnosis, patient care quality, and business management. When combined with data visualization tools and business intelligence suites, data analytics improve managers' operations by providing real-time information that can deliver actionable insights and support decisions (Craven & Page, 2015). For healthcare organization managers, data analytics provide administrative and financial data alongside information that can improve services, patient care efforts, and existing procedures.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- APC Memo Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research PaperDescription: Ambulatory Payment Classification (APCs) refers to the government’s (United States) procedure of disbursing outpatient services payments in the Medicare program. Hospitals use APCs to bill the federal government for services provided to Medicare and Medicaid patients...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Internal operations assessment Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: One method of assessing healthcare organizations’ operational needs is quality. Quality assesses the healthcare organization’s ability to provide services consistent with the quality standards of the patients (Gomes et al., 2010). A healthcare operational needs would be satisfied if high levels of patient...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Balanced scorecard Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: A balances scorecard (BSC) denotes a performance management tool used to identify and enhance various internal organizational functions and resulting outcomes. It offers a healthcare organization a complete set of financial, as well as non-financial performance measures based on a specific strategy...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |