Healthcare Delivery System Quality Improvement Plan Medicine Essay (Essay Sample)
HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS QUALITY AND IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS
Review the following article:
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2013). Module 14: Creating quality improvement teams and QI plans. Retrieved from https://www(dot)ahrq(dot)gov/professionals/prevention-chronic-care/improve/system/pfhandbook/mod14.html
Using the improvement plan you developed in your Module 3 Case Assignment, create a team to execute the plan/project. In a 5 page essay complete the following:
Brief Overview of Plan/Project – Dedicate 1 page to briefly overview the improvement plan/project.
Identify Team Members – Identify 4-5 team members, making sure to include one of the recommended team members from the AHRQ article. Explain each team member role and importance.
Team Organizational Chart – With you heading the team, create an organizational chart with the identified team members.
See the following link for an example of an organizational chart and explanation: https://www(dot)smartdraw(dot)com/organizational-chart/
SLP Assignment Expectations
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your training.
Limit your response to a maximum of 5 pages (title and reference slide is not included in page number count).
Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 2-3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www(dot)angelo(dot)edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl(dot)purdue(dot)edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source: https://nccih(dot)nih(dot)gov/health/webresources.
This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.
Healthcare Delivery System Quality Improvement Plan
Healthcare Delivery System Quality Improvement Plan
Every organizational venture's primary goal is to make a steady improvement to the services ad products they offer. This improvement quest calls for continuous strategizing to ensure that the organization identifies drawbacks and strengthens, helping to set up an improvement plan through Quality Improvement (QI) plan. In healthcare organizations, the QI plan refers to a detailed outline describing how the organization plans to improve its quality of services. It guides all the organization's operations, clinical and operational, meaning it is a project that has to be undertaken regularly, perhaps yearly (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2013). Clinical and executive leadership often prepares it, but it has to be approved by its governing body, which might be the council or the board of directors. QI plan considers issues in the organization dating back to previous financial years to the current calendar. This strategy helps to evaluate previous years' QI plan, rating the achievement rate that guides the organization in the planning for the current year.
A QI plan has distinct characteristics that make it outstanding and realistic. First, it should define the organization's leadership, resource allocation, and be accountable. Since it is a document that guides and projects the organization's improvement, it should use realistic data and provide measurable outcomes. It means the team developing the QI plan should always consider all the stakeholders' needs in the sector, including patients, the organization, health workers, and the organization's shareholders. Medicaid is a quality assurance program, which is an excellent example of a QI plan and program. Lighter (2015) notes that the QI plan focuses on solving general oral, medical healthcare and services, and behavioral issues to define and facilitate systematic approaches to solve spotted problems. This is an assurance of the importance of a QI plan in a healthcare organization.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- APC Memo Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research PaperDescription: Ambulatory Payment Classification (APCs) refers to the government’s (United States) procedure of disbursing outpatient services payments in the Medicare program. Hospitals use APCs to bill the federal government for services provided to Medicare and Medicaid patients...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Internal operations assessment Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: One method of assessing healthcare organizations’ operational needs is quality. Quality assesses the healthcare organization’s ability to provide services consistent with the quality standards of the patients (Gomes et al., 2010). A healthcare operational needs would be satisfied if high levels of patient...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Balanced scorecard Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: A balances scorecard (BSC) denotes a performance management tool used to identify and enhance various internal organizational functions and resulting outcomes. It offers a healthcare organization a complete set of financial, as well as non-financial performance measures based on a specific strategy...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |