4 Homework 2 Follow Up: Weight Management (Essay Sample)
Please answer the additional questions and provide three references:
1. What did you see as the overarching take home message(s) in the readings and/or video?
2. What did you find most surprising about the readings or the video?
3. Drawing on the topics discussed in this week's module:
*prepare a plan of action that supports some degree of change or awareness on the macro- and/or micro-level
The overarching message that comes from the reading is associated with the weight management aspects. This is with reference to the settling point theory. Maintaining an average healthy weight is a crucial goal for anyone that is watching their health goals. The settling point theory is one of the most logical approach to maintaining a healthy weight. One that will not have any compromises on their health. Watching what one eats is the first step (The Beginning of the Obesity Epidemic, n.d.). As the theory indicates, of one eats too much and they have little or no exercise, they are likely to gain weight. This is a concept that helps people to watch their food intake and their ability to expend energy, with physical activities such as going to the gym, taking walks and bike rides among others. It is important to balance the amount of energy taken in and energy spent to reduce or/ and manage weight gain.
One of the most surprising aspect of the reading is that, sugar, fat and salt are some of the most addictive components in the food industry (Kessler, n.d.). The fact that, most of the food companies play around with these three to create foods that their customers will always crave for is quite interesting.
One of the most component of healthy living is taking the initiative to exercise. Relative to the busy lifestyles that most of the jobs enforce, most people will spend a large part of the time seated, whether in the office, class or in the car. It is crucial to make sure there is some level of physical activity (Kawamoto, 2017). The main set of activities for four weeks four sets of exercises; 1 kilometer walks, swimming and bike riding and cardio workouts. Every physical activity session is scheduled for two hours.
- Strengths & Weaknesses: Clinical Skills Research AssignmentDescription: Explain how you plan to master the clinical skills before exiting NP program-skills reading X-ray , and interpreting labs ...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Homework: Differences Between Homeostasis Set Point TheoryDescription: Define and explain all three of the following concepts: homeostasis, "set point theory,” and settling point theory....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 4 Homework 2 Part 1: Overweight The PopulationDescription: What are the various explanations for the dramatic increase in the rate of obesity beginning in the 1980s? Which explanation do you agree with the most, why?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |