2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
4 Homework 2 Part 1: Overweight The Population (Essay Sample)
See attached instruction.source..
What are the various explanations for the dramatic increase in the rate of obesity beginning in the 1980s? Which explanation do you agree with the most, and why?
Before the 1980s, most of the population was of the average weight relative to their height. However, this then changed after the 80s, there were more people that were now gaining massive weight. At the time, not many of the researchers had noticed that most of the population was growing overweight in a matter of short years (Kessler, n.d.). The explanation that was given for the overweight problem which started in the 1980s within the society was overeating. This simply meant that most of the people overfed. This is the most logical explanation for the weight gain compared to the rest of the explanations that were given at the time. Ideally, when one overfeeds, they tend to take in more energy than they can dispense, which is then stored in the body as part of the body’s mechanism to prepare for the future by storing excess energy (Kessler, n.d.).
Based on scientific evidence, to what extent do you think people are genetically programmed to crave sugar, fat, and salt or acquire a taste for them as a result of the American culture and/or the Standard American Diet (SAD)?
People tend to be attracted to fat in their foods. While it may seem that people are craving for the sugars in their foods, it is rather the fats that they want to taste in their foods. This means that other than the food being palatable, people are more drawn to it (The Beginning of the Obesity Epidemic, n.d.). They are attracted to the foods that have fats and this means that they tend to feel t...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to childhood obesity:
- Obesity 4 Homework 1: Health And Weight ManagementDescription: What difference does the distinction between obesity as a personal problem versus a social problem make in understanding the causes and consequences of problem...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Picot: Obesity, Motivation, Obesity Therapy, Weight LossDescription: Did using the terms used in this question lead you to useful research studies? What MESH terms have you tried? Did they help you find additional studies? ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Developing Categories for the Literature Review Description: Please return to your annotated bibliography and begin developing "categories" to help you to organize your sources....1 page/≈275 words | 7 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |