How Much Time Should I Spend On Phonemic Awareness Instruction? (Essay Sample)
Read the following article: Hoover, W. A. (2002). The importance of phonemic awareness in learning to read (Links to an external site.). Austin, TX: SEDL.
Review the first two sentences under the heading “How much time should I spend on phonemic awareness instruction?” on pp. 8 of Put Reading First.
Respond to the following prompt: These two articles seem to have contradicting pieces of information, what questions, concerns, or input do you have about the contradiction?
Include citations in your response.
Phonemic Awareness in Language LearningNameInstitutional AffiliationDate
The articles, Putting Reading First and The Importance of Phonemic Awareness in Learning offer contrasting ideas on the importance of learning among the children. In the first article, Blair (2002) says that it is important for the kids to know how to read at an early age. The best way that they can achieve this of course is learning the basics of language and applying them when they are reading. Phonemic awareness is important. In the other sub-headings in the article, other authors also present contrasting views on the topic.
In the second article, The Importance of Phonemic Awareness in Learning to Read, Hoover (2002) offers two different views on the issue of phonemic awareness among the children. In the introduction of the article under the subheading, What is Reading, the author presents an argument that
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Analysis Of Western Civilization Learning During The Middle AgesDescription: Starting from the earliest forms of knowledge dissemination to highly specialized fields that we have today, learning has always tried to achieve one goal – to know and convey knowledge to others....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | Turabian | History | Essay |
- Similarities And Differences Of Music, Fashion And Politics Between Two Different Decades Description: Choose two different decades (Ex 70s, 80's) and explain in detail the similarities and differences when it comes to music, fashion and politics.(Be specific) You can use school notes, research or interview family members...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Strategy 1: Reinforce Educator And Student PartnershipDescription: Select a population that represents a type of diversity, which may include ethnic, learning styles, age, or cognitive ability. The selected population may be nursing students, staff members, or patients....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |