Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Education Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Over the last six modules, you built toward this culminating moment: the submission of your final project. This week you will be drafting a research paper of 6-7 pages (approximately 1500-1750 words) that builds on your previous Milestone work. Use the Final Project Template for an example of how to create and format your final paper.
Begin by reading pages 7.8-7.13 in the webtext before beginning this assignment.
Step 1: Reflect on Previous Milestone Feedback and Make Adjustments
Each week after you submitted a Milestone assignment, your instructor provided you with feedback, often including suggestions for improvement. Take stock of that feedback and incorporate it. This might mean adjusting the wording of your thesis statement, replacing a source, fixing errors in your APA formatting, rewriting your introduction, or rethinking your organization of paragraphs. In addition to your instructor’s feedback, make sure to use your peer’s feedback on Milestone 5 as well – what suggestions did they have to improve your introduction and outline? Did they understand your argument and if not, how can you communicate it more clearly?
Step 2: Use Your Outline to Draft Your Paper
Using your Milestone 5 outline, begin to flesh out each of your body paragraphs by adding evidence from your sources that support your thesis (along with proper in-text citations for ideas or quotes from your sources). Make sure to include transitions between paragraphs and wrap up your paper with a conclusion paragraph that reiterates your thesis argument and offers some concluding thoughts.
Step 3: Review and Edit Your Work
Once you have a full draft written, make sure to re-read it carefully with an eye on the details like spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence clarity, and word choice. Go back to the Writing Refresher section of the course for help with any weak areas of your writing. Try reading it aloud to catch errors you might otherwise miss in print.
Step 4: Submit to the Canvas and Review Your Turnitin Report. Make Changes If Needed and Resubmit.
As you learned in Module 4, Excelsior uses Turnitin in the Canvas dropbox as a learning tool for students. Plan to submit to the dropbox a few days early if you can so you have time to review your Turnitin report and similarity score. If your score comes back high, revise your content to make sure you are using original writing, citing ideas from others, and properly putting the exact words of others in quotation marks.
Note: you can resubmit to the dropbox up until the due date for this assignment, which is Sunday night at 11:59 pm ET of Module 7. After that due date has passed, your most recent submission is considered final.
• Final Project Template (Word document)
• Writing Refresher
Submit a completed 6-7 page (approx. 1500-1750 words) research paper on your topic choice made in Module 1 that incorporates your work from Milestones 1-6. Use the Final Project Template for an example of how to create and format your final paper.
It should include:
• At least 5 references
• A title page and reference page in APA style
• In-text citations in APA format
• An introductory paragraph with your clear, one-sentence thesis statement (this should NOT be underlined at this point)
• Body paragraphs that use information from the sources as evidence to prove the thesis statement
• A conclusion paragraph that offers final thoughts and reiterates the thesis statement
• Proper spelling, syntax, and grammar
• Improvements based on your instructor’s feedback on your previous milestone work (i.e. to the thesis statement, introduction, organization, use of sources, APA style, etc.)
• This assignment uses TurnItIn.
• The Final Course Project assignment is due Sunday by 11:59 pm ET and will be evaluated according to the IND301 Final Paper Rubric. Make sure to review the rubric before submitting so you know how you will be assessed.
• This assignment is worth 20% of your overall course grade
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) among US Soldiers
The brain is an extremely essential organ in the human body that is primarily tasked with overseeing cognitive functionalities. As is the case with other parts of the body, the brain is also susceptible to injuries. While individuals suffering from brain concussions will often see improvements over time and after plenty of rest, those plagued by Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and whose effects extend over 6 months are likely and usually face a lifetime of cognitive difficulties. Currently there is no medical treatment that has proved useful in the management of patients with TBI. Nonetheless, memory loss in TBI patients is often managed using notebooks that document critical tasks. Similarly, clinical medicine and psychological therapy is applied to TBI patients showcasing signs of anxiety disorder. Various specialists including occupational therapists and psychotherapists may be involved in the extensive rehabilitation of TBI patients. Traumatic brain injuries are quite common among soldiers. It is shared that soldiers suffer at least one head injury in the course of their service and which eventually persists to TBI. However, misconceptions and stigma surrounding TBI in the military greatly affects the effective therapy and rehabilitation of affected service men. It is prudent that the US government swiftly intervenes and steer the identification of a cure and in conducting an extensive education and sensitization campaign for TBI because it greatly affects social and cognitive attributes of soldiers in the armed forces.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Program and career goals. Education Essay ResearchDescription: I am applying for a Masters in Adult and Higher Education program because the upgrade is necessary for my goal of becoming a community college instructor. Also, it is my passion to have the best qualifications to serve the community to the adequate levels I could achieve. Although the idea ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- High Stakes Testing Education Essay Research PaperDescription: High-stakes testing is any test conducted to make significant decisions on students, educators, schools, and educational districts. The major purpose of the test is to check the accountability of the individuals towards the achievement of excellent outcomes in education (Marchant, 2004)....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Letter to Editor and Draft Initiative Education EssayDescription: Education funding is a dominant topic of discussion in the Arizona policy landscape. Recent evidence suggests that the state currently ranks 50th in school finance and 45th overall in the sector (Martinez, 2019). Reports further suggest that this year’s increase in teacher pay is not enough...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Education | Essay |