Specific Learning Disabilities (Language Processing Disorder) (Essay Sample)
Research Project : Specific Learning Disability- part 1
Research a minimum of four references on Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD).
Write a 850-to 950 word paper that includes the following about Specific Learning Disabilities selected:
2)Prevalence for the disability
3)Issues pertaining to this disability
Submit your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
**I will submit a new order every week as a new part will be added till the end of the course to create one long research paper. This is for a masters degree teaching program in special education Mild to Moderate .
Research Paper: Weekly Sections Rubric
Research Paper: Weekly Sections Rubric
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Pages, Writing Ability & Content
Paper was written at the graduate education level without grammatical areas and clearly expressed ideas and concepts. Paper was on-topic and followed the topical heading provided in the paper template. Three or more pages.
Paper was written with a few grammar and syntax errors, but was generally well written. Ideas and concepts were clearly expressed. Paper was on-topic and followed the topical headings provided in the paper template. At least 2 pages.
Paper was written with some grammar and syntax errors. Ideas and concepts had some lack of clarity. Paper was somewhat on-topic, but digressed from the topical headings provided in the paper template. At least one page.
Paper was written with quite a bit of grammar and syntax errors. Ideas and concepts were unclear. Paper deviated from the topical areas provided in the paper template. Less than a page.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome APA Format
Completely followed APA formatting rules.
Predominantly followed APA formatting rules, with a 1, 2 or 3 mistakes.
Sometimes followed APA formatting rules
Marginally followed APA formatting rules
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome References
4 or more sources properly cited in paper
3 sources properly cited in paper
2 sources properly cited in paper
1 source cited
Specific Learning Disabilities (Language Processing Disorder)
Table of Contents
2 Prevalence of the disorder.
3 Issues about the disorder
Language Processing Disorder is a more specified type of Auditory Processing Disorder (APD). Usually, Auditory Processing Disorder interferes with the way one interprets the sounds that come into the brain. Background noises are the most common examples of sounds sent to the mind. On the other hand, Language Processing Disorder (LPD) is only involved in the processing of the sound. LPD can have significant effects on the speech as it affects expressive language and how one understands what the other person is saying.
It is essential to know as much as one can about the Language Processing Disorders, as they are rarely recognized.
There are two types of Language Processing Disorder. These are expressive and receptive. A person suffering from expressive language disorder will have difficulty in expressing what they think while one suffering from receptive disorder will have trouble following a conversation and understanding what the other people are saying (Jerger&Thibodeau, 2017). Suffering from both expressive and receptive disorders is possible. The following are some of the signs and symptoms of the disease.
The affected person has difficulty in getting jokes.
Label recognition is difficult.
There is poorly written output in general.
Difficulty in understanding spoken language.
It is easier to describe an object, but cannot find the correct word for it.
Usually frustrated as they want to say a lot, but they have no way of letting it all out.
There is a familiar feeling that the words are at the tip of the tongue, but cannot say them out loud.
They have a hard time expressing what they think verbally
The affected people cannot read and understand clearly.
They are sad or depressed most of the time.
Accepting the situation we are in is the best way to deal with it. There are certain ways one can use to help people suffering from the disorder. Also, the people affected by LPD can use the following approaches to deal with the situation. For one, they can try to speak in a slow pace and clear sentences so that they can be able to convey information they want to pass through (Jacobson, 2015). This will help them master words before saying them out loud. It is also a good approach if they are provided with a tutor to help them a master speech. Use of a tape recorder for re
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Primary Source Analysis Literature & Language EssayDescription: In the “M&M's Super Bowl Commercial 2018 Danny DeVito Human” the red M&M' spokescandy discovers a penny on the street and makes a wish to be human and no longer to be eaten (Commercials Funny, 2018). The wish comes true in the form of Danny DeVito. The Super Bowl is one of the most popular...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Narration/Description The Pain of Injustice. Language EssayDescription: Justice can be broadly defined as thachievement of that which is just. It can also be defined as the conformation to what is considered morally right. concept of justice is pegged on different fields, some that present differing viewpoints. various concepts of justice are based on law, ethics, rationality...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Greek Tragedy-Agamemnon. Literature & Language Research PaperDescription: Over the years, there has been a certain meaning behind the Greek stories and tragedies. Usually, the hidden meanings and messages are about moral and political credits in the society. In most cases, the stories and tragedies aim to safeguard order in the community and teach certain morals...6 pages/≈1650 words | 8 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |