What Are Some Ways Children Learn New Words? (Essay Sample)
Week 5 - Discussion: Vocabulary Instruction
Review the vocabulary sections in your assigned readings for this week.
Respond to the following prompts in the Vocabulary Instruction discussion forum by Friday:
• What are some ways children learn new words?
• Why is it important that teachers have a strong emphasis on vocabulary instruction?
• What two research-based vocabulary instruction strategies help students improve in vocabulary?
• Explain why each of the strategies are effective?
Include citations and provide references at the end of your post.
Children learn new vocabulary by singing them. There are plenty of songs describing "A to Z," and once the children have mastered how to sing them, then it becomes easy for them to understand the vocabulary. Therefore, a child ought to be exposed to the singing at an early age to make it easy for them to understand the vocabularies (Bobzien, Richels, Schwartz, Raver, Hester & Morin, 2015). As well, children can learn vocabulary by reading stories aloud to them. As time goes by, they will be able to repeat some of the words that they hear from the stories.
Teachers ought to have a strong emphasis on vocabulary because it is the basis of the learning process of a student. The emphasis helps in the development of the vocabulary by giving children an opportunity to select words of the required instructions and, to develop word solving methods (Bakhsh, 2016). A
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Week 5 Discussion: Reutzel And Cooter (2015)Description: Why is vocabulary knowledge in reading the 'great predictor of school success’ according to the text? What are the three tiers of vocabulary? What kinds of words are in each tier? What are the four types of vocabulary that every person possesses?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Fluency Assessment: What Did You Learn From Watching These Videos?Description: These videos highlight some of the ways through which one can acquire fluency while reading. Before beginning the reading exercise, it is important to make sure that the teacher understands the reading goals of the learner. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Week 4 Reading Fluency Activity Education Essay PaperDescription: The reading rate is essential in fluency because it plays a huge role in determining how fluent a person can read as well as an understanding of the text. This rate refers to the number of words that an individual can read in one minute (Stevens, Walker & Vaughn, 2017). ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |