Social Injustice and Cultural Identifiers Education Essay (Essay Sample)
For this assignment, you will submit the final version of your 750-1,000 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education. Be sure to consider the feedback provided by your peers and your faculty member on the rough draft you submitted in Topic 4.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last 3 years complete your paper so that it addresses the following:
Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
Identifies 2-3 arguments presented for and 2-3 arguments against the issue.
Discusses associated injustices arising from the issue, including how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic
Explains solutions you recommend implementing to remedy the associated injustices, and why you selected them.
Concludes by identifying where you fall on the cultural competence continuum in relation to the issue, including your commitment to understanding others’ frames of reference (e.g., culture, gender, language, abilities, ways of knowing), in order to reduce personal biases and improve relationships with colleagues, students, and students’ families.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Religious Clothing in K-12 Education
Religious Clothing in K-12 Education
Religious clothing is still a debatable issue in the United States, although several policies have changed over the years to allow people the freedom to exercise their religious beliefs. There are several cultural identifiers associated with religious clothing. They include religion and religious beliefs, and gender. For instance, according to Moe (2019), the headscarf is a religious cloth worn by Muslim women as a “gendered-expression of sexual modesty.” Muslim women are required to cover their hair and parts of their faces while in the company of men. This is based on their religious beliefs of morality. Also, in the Christian religion, the cross is associated with Christian beliefs; one such example is holding the cross while praying Walker, 2018; Blauwkamp, 2017). Through religious clothing, it is easy to identify which religion a person prescribes to. It also shows the community that a person is affiliated with, such as kippa for Jews and turban for Indians (Moe, 2019). The issue of religious garbs has been controversial across states especially due to the provisions of the first amendment on the expression of religion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- Discussion 8 Assessment Essay. Education Assignment.Description: Grading of students is a role that can be challenging for teachers. It even becomes more complex when dealing with ELLs because often, language is a barrier to fair assessment and grading. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- A Class Divided and the Invisible Knapsack ReviewDescription: Educational institutions serve to nurture the intellectuality of children as well as instil moral values that are of great importance to their overall growth and development. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Discussion 7 Assessment Essay. Education Assignment.Description: The school where I teach has been very keen on ensuring that teachers learn about their students and their families. This area has been a key strength for the school. For instance, the school provides parents with opportunities to participate in school initiatives. ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |