Proficiency Standards. Listening and speaking. Education Essay (Essay Sample)
Using the Office of English Language Acquisition Services (OELAS) website or the department of education website in your state, choose one English language proficiency (ELP) standard from each of the following domains:
Listening and speaking
For each standard, complete the “English Language Proficiency Chart” by including the following:
The ELP standard
The correlating language arts standards or Common Core Standard
A learning activity aligned with these standards
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
My state is Texas
That is an example
Lindsay D. Sutherland
ESL 523 – Dr. Elmay Hatcher
April 12, 2017
(Pre-Emergent) Listening and Speaking Domain
Comprehension of Oral Communication Reading Domain
Print Concepts Writing Domain
ELP Standards Sequencing a series of pictures from information shared in
read-alouds, presentations, and conversations.
holding the book right side up and turning pages in the correct direction.
Drawing to express ideas.
Common Core Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
• Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others, taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
Continue a conversation through multiple exchanges. (K.SL.1)
1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet. (K.RF.1) Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book (e.g., My favorite book is . . .). (K.W.1)
Teacher Activity • Introduce “The Alphabets” with flash cards.
• Have students repeat the letter and sounding it out.
• Let students talk to partner and discuss the letter.
• Let students point out the same letter around the classroom.
• Discuss with students the letter they see in prints, read along the word and point a picture that corresponds to the word. (example: letter A “point out a picture of an Apple” • Have students write on air the letter.
• Have students trace the letter on paper.
• Have students write the letter repeatedly.
English Language Proficiency Standards. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www(dot)citationmachine(dot)net/apa/cite-a-website/manual
K-12 Standards Section. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www(dot)azed(dot)gov/standards-practices/k-12standards/english-language-arts-standards/
Finalized English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www(dot)azed(dot)gov/
Subject and Section
Date of submission
Grades 1-2 (Pre-emergent)
* Domain: Listening and Speaking Comprehension of Oral Communications
* Domain: Reading Print Concepts
* Domain: Writing Writing Applications
- Narrative in the Space of Healing". Education EssayDescription: In the case of Patrick Verriour, the community of practice is crucial in helping him recover from cancer. The community that learns alongside him incudes his family, particularly his wife. He was 58 years and did not have many people around him. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Case Study Paper Education Essay Research Paper CourseworkDescription: Jon shows a behavioral trait linked to the continued overprotective treatment by his grandmother, Sasha. This behavior has affected Jon negatively by impacting his ability to socialize and interact with his peers in school and at home. At such a tender age, school offers an opportunity for him to develop...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Module 3 Bilingual Education Essay Research Paper CourseworkDescription: I have had a few aha moments while learning Spanish on my own. One of the first aha moments I heard while learning Spanish was when I realized that “sombrero” literally refers to a “shade maker.” Another one happened with “paraguas” when I learned that it literally means “stop water.”...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |