Political and Ethical Act Involving Social Responsibility (Essay Sample)
Please summarize the article that will be uploaded and link the summary with any two or three ofthe outcomes below as you find it relevant:
1. Recognizes that teaching is a political and ethical act involving social responsibility for oneself, others and society.
2. Explores personal and professional insights and changes made possible when the ‘hidden’ lessons of normalized inequality become central to one’s teaching.
3. Appreciates what it means to be a teacher in the context of on-going colonialism and Indigenous/Settler relations.
4. Develops a historical consciousness of patterns of systemic oppression as it has unfolded throughout different periods and contexts.
5. Understands that oppression and marginalization occurs at the individual, socio-cultural and institutional levels.
6. Comprehends structures and ideologies that produce and maintain hierarchies across race, class, gender, sexuality, religion and other identity markers.
7. Analyzes, evaluates and seeks to transform interlocking systems of discriminatory institutional structures, cultural practices and social behaviour.
8. Appreciates that teaching and learning that centers on examining one’s own lenses/worldview through development of critical consciousness often evokes strong emotions and discomfort.
9. Seeks to develop a philosophy of teaching for social justice and anti-oppressive/integrative anti-racist education.
The term queer has occasionally been misinterpreted with most people in the modern world still referring to it as being gay, lesbian and sometimes being weird. What people do not know is that unlike in the traditional society where queer was taken to be a harmful word, today it has undergone reconstruction and its meaning does not fall in offending the sexuality, gender, sexual identity of an individual or any related concept that may portray some form of discrimination or inequality (Meyer, 2007). The article analyzes evaluates and seeks to transform interlocking systems of discriminatory institutional structures, cultural practices, and social behavior.
Unlike in the modern days where legislations ...
- Operations ManagementDescription: 4 American companies Microsoft, that use the following strategies. Process focus, product focus, Mass customization and repetitive focus...5 pages/≈1375 words | 7 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Public Schools Should Adopt a Dress Code and Require Students to Adhere to that Dress Code o. . .Description: Public Schools Should Adopt a Dress Code and Require Students to Adhere to that Dress Code or be Denied Enrollment...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Microbiology: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)Description: In this paper, the human papilloma virus is discussed in an in-depth manner. The kind of disease caused by HPV is described, along with the reason as to why I chose this virus...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |