Political and Ethical Act Involving Social Responsibility (Essay Sample)
Please summarize the article that will be uploaded and link the summary with any two or three ofthe outcomes below as you find it relevant:
1. Recognizes that teaching is a political and ethical act involving social responsibility for oneself, others and society.
2. Explores personal and professional insights and changes made possible when the ‘hidden’ lessons of normalized inequality become central to one’s teaching.
3. Appreciates what it means to be a teacher in the context of on-going colonialism and Indigenous/Settler relations.
4. Develops a historical consciousness of patterns of systemic oppression as it has unfolded throughout different periods and contexts.
5. Understands that oppression and marginalization occurs at the individual, socio-cultural and institutional levels.
6. Comprehends structures and ideologies that produce and maintain hierarchies across race, class, gender, sexuality, religion and other identity markers.
7. Analyzes, evaluates and seeks to transform interlocking systems of discriminatory institutional structures, cultural practices and social behaviour.
8. Appreciates that teaching and learning that centers on examining one’s own lenses/worldview through development of critical consciousness often evokes strong emotions and discomfort.
9. Seeks to develop a philosophy of teaching for social justice and anti-oppressive/integrative anti-racist education.
The term queer has occasionally been misinterpreted with most people in the modern world still referring to it as being gay, lesbian and sometimes being weird. What people do not know is that unlike in the traditional society where queer was taken to be a harmful word, today it has undergone reconstruction and its meaning does not fall in offending the sexuality, gender, sexual identity of an individual or any related concept that may portray some form of discrimination or inequality (Meyer, 2007). The article analyzes evaluates and seeks to transform interlocking systems of discriminatory institutional structures, cultural practices, and social behavior.
Unlike in the modern days where legislations ...
- Explain why damaged cartilage takes a long time to heal. What are the advantages of articula. . .Description: High School writing level 1 page Education Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Explain why damaged cartilage takes a long time to heal. What are the advantages of articular cartilage having no perichondrium, blood vessels, or nerves? ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Answer Philosopy Questions and Identify the InvestigationDescription: Answer Philosopy Questions and Identify the Investigation: Does example contain or imply a causal claim, a hypothesis, or an explanation that cannot be tested?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |
- Types of exercise for given musclesDescription: Muscle group. Types of exercise for given muscles Education Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |