Learning Opportunities for Children in Geometry (Essay Sample)
Choose ONE of the following to reflect on. (use the articles I gave you!!!) and write some examples.
1. Describe two learning opportunities that you might create for children to explore geometry and spatial sense as discussed by Clements and how those opportunities support that math learning. One of these opportunities should include children’s literature.
2. Wickstrom et al’s reading focuses on measurement of area of a garden and connects well with science. Describe another way to bring measurement—length, capacity, volume, mass, time, angles—across the curriculum.
Pre-Class Assignment (3): Learning Opportunities for Children in Geometry and Spatial Sense Classes
Classes on geometry elevates children’s ability to prescribe to shapes, sizes, positions, directions, and movements. This knowledge evokes their spatial sense in that their awareness to how these aspects relate to people and objects around them is enhanced. Since children have young minds, it is only necessary that appropriate strategies are used to enhance their knowledge on geometry and spatial sense.
Use of geoboards is one of the kindergarten activities that advances their relative knowledge to the various shapes. Geoboards are physical instruments that can be thought of manipulative tools that arouses the discovery among children about the concepts of perimeter,
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Math Trail Summary and ReflectionDescription: I focused on improving the teaching-learning process, to get better student outcomes and using various strategies makes learning more effective. For instance, including play and using examples in real life makes learning mathematics be less abstract....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Pre-Class Assignment 2: Children Mathematical SkillsDescription: Young children have the ability to learn mathematical skills, but it requires preschool teacher confidence to develop children’s math skills....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Learning Interventions among Children with Learning DisabilitiesDescription: Research scholarly articles for two evidence-based phonics interventions that can be used with students in Tier 2 of the Response to Intervention (RtI) or Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) process. ...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |